vingt-deux

★ 。\|/。★

𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗘

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖙-𝖉𝖊𝖚𝖝:WHO LIVES, WHO DIES,WHO TELLS YOUR STORY

WHO LIVES, WHO DIES,
WHO TELLS YOUR STORY

★ 。/|\。★

BELLE FELT A little uneasy telling a Giant about their plans. He was the enemy and one of the kind they had to stop on their quest on the Argo II, after all. Despite that, Damasen was still a good host. He had saved Percy and made some excellent Drakon-meat stew, especially compared to the firewater from the Phlegethon. His hut was warm and comfortable. Belle, for the first time since falling into Tartarus, felt like she could truly relax. That was pretty ironic since she was literally having dinner with a Titan and a Giant.

She told Damasen about her life. Belle explained that she was a daughter of Demeter who had been at Camp Half-Blood since she was ten years old and how there she had met her three best friends — Katie Gardner and Connor and Travis Stoll. She then went on to tell him about how her and Percy met when they were teamed up for a game and how they had fallen into the Labyrinth. Belle explained their quest in the Labyrinth and how the Battle of Manhattan played out. Finally, she described how Percy had met Bob on a quest in the Underworld, wiped his memory with the River Lethe, and left him in the care of Hades.

"Percy was only trying to do something good for you," Belle promised the Titan. "He didn't know that Hades and Persephone would treat you like that."

She didn't know about Hades, but Belle believed that Persephone knew better. Her half-sister should've treated Bob with more respect.

Belle thought about what the Arai had said about how Nico di Angelo had been the only person to visit Bob in the palace of the Underworld. Nico was one of the hardest Demigods to read. He wasn't very outgoing and often hid in the shadows. Him and Belle hadn't even gotten along the first time they met. In the end, they had become kind of friends. But Belle didn't know if she would ever be able to figure him out completely.

Bob then began to wash his bowl with his squirt bottle and rag. Belle glanced over at him for a moment.

Damasen made a rolling gesture with his spoon. "Continue your story, Belle Adair."

She continued to to explain their quest on the Argo II with the six other Demigods of the Prophecy. However, she faltered when she got to the part about trying to stop Gaea from waking and potentially destroying the entire world.

"She's your mom, right?" Belle asked.

Damasen scraped his bowl, his face scarred with poison burns, gouges, and scar tissue. "Yes. And Tartarus is my father." He gestured around the hut with his spoon. "As you can see, I was a disappointment to my parents. They expected . . . more from me."