trente-trois

★ 。\|/。★

𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗘

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊-𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖎𝖘:EMOTIONS, NOT LOGIC

EMOTIONS, NOT LOGIC

★ 。/|\。★

THE ARGO II hovered right over the town of Sparta. Belle stood outside on the deck, her arms leaning against the rail as she watched Leo drop anchor. The day was filled with July heat and sunshine and should've lifted Belle's spirits, but it really did nothing. Something about Sparta was making her . . . uneasy. It certainly didn't help that she was supposed to go scout out the town with Annabeth and Piper. Her outing with Frank and Piper had been good for her but this was different.

"B," Annabeth's voice suddenly called. Belle turned around to see her standing there with Piper, whom she had gone to wake up. "Piper says she has something to tell us. Where's Percy?"

"Maybe in his cabin," Belle replied. "I can go get him."

Belle went off in the direction of Percy's cabin. She knocked on his door and opened it to reveal him laying on his bed while twirling Riptide's pen in between his fingers. Percy glanced over to see her standing in the doorway.

"Hey, Beauty," he greeted. "What's up?"

"Piper apparently has something we need to hear," Belle revealed. "Come on."

Percy stood up, placed Riptide's pen back in his pocket, walked over to Belle, and placed a hand on her cheek. "What's wrong?"

Her eyebrows knit in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Belle, we've been dating for almost two years. I know when something's bothering you. So what's going on?"

She didn't want to admit that she was having nightmares of Percy torturing Akhlys. Who could blame her? That was the one of the things that terrified her the most about Tartarus. But how could she possibly explain to the one boy that she loved that he was the cause of some of her nightmares? There was no way she could do that to him. Belle had to keep reminding herself that that wasn't her Percy. That was just the Percy who was trying to keep them alive. But still . . .

"I'm just tired," Belle finally answered, which wasn't completely a lie. She really was. "There's just a lot going on right now. It's hard to slow down."

Percy didn't really seem to believe her, but he nodded his head nonetheless and kissed her forehead sweetly. "All right. Let's go see what Piper has to say."