trente-deux

★ 。\|/。★

𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗘

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊-𝖉𝖊𝖚𝖝:BELLE BONDS WITH FRANKAND PIPER

BELLE BONDS WITH FRANK
AND PIPER

★ 。/|\。★

FINDING DEADLY POISON shouldn't have been as hard as it was. Belle was out on an expedition to find some of Frank's shape-shifting relatives with Frank and Piper to receive an ingredient to the physician's cure which Nike, Goddess of victory, told them could bring someone back to life. The three of them had scoured the port of Pylos all morning. At first, Frank only wanted Piper to come with him so she could maybe use her charmspeak to try and convince Frank's relatives to help them. However, it was decided that Belle should come along too, just to get off the ship. After seeing Percy go off the Argo II to subdue Nike (which was successful, the Goddess was now tied up in the stables, constantly yelling things about being victorious), she thought leaving the ship would be beneficial for her. Therefore, Frank allowed her to come along.

As it turned out, Piper's charmspeak was pushed to the side for now. Piper's sword (which Belle learned she had received from a Boread, how wicked), her cornucopia, Sunflower, Belle's plant powers, and Frank's bow and arrow were more in demand. So far they had slain a Laistrygonian Ogre in a bakery, battled a giant warthog in the middle of the public square, and defeated a flock of Stymphalian birds with some well-aimed vegetables from Piper's cornucopia that had been grown a little larger from Belle.

Belle was glad for the distraction. It kept her mind off of all the thoughts of Tartarus and the nightmares she had been having about Gaea destroying the world. Belle couldn't even remember the last time she had gotten a good night's sleep. It always ended up with her waking up from another horrible vision. Even though he was next to her, Belle never woke Percy up. He needed rest, too. Belle knew that they had to depend on each other, but she kind of liked the peace and quiet in the early hours reading or just growing the plants in her room. She eventually would fall back asleep, but it left her with a staggering sleep schedule.

Not to mention they only had eight more days until the Feast of Spes. Gaea had personally chose to awaken on that day to destroy hope and then destroy the mortal world. Eight days until the Earth would completely take over. The eight Demigods of the Prophecy knew that they had to try and stop it no matter what. They quite literally had the weight of the world on their shoulders.

At around one in the afternoon, Piper had finally used her charmspeak for the first time. She spoke to an Ancient Greek ghost in a Laundromat and managed to get directions to an ancient stronghold where Frank's relatives, the shape-shifting descendants of Pericylmenus, hung out. The three Demigods finally found the cave perched halfway up a beachside cliff after trudging across the island in the humid afternoon heat. Frank insisted that Belle and Piper should wait at the bottom while he went to check it out. It wasn't the most ideal thing, but the two girls stood obediently on the beach in comfortable silence while squinting up at the cave entrance.