trente et un

★ 。\|/。★

𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗘

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊 𝖊𝖙 𝖚𝖓:PANCAKES CANNOT DROWN,AND NEITHER CAN PERCY

PANCAKES CANNOT DROWN,
AND NEITHER CAN PERCY

★ 。/|\。★

A COUPLE OF weeks ago, all eight Demigods of the Prophecy eating breakfast at the same time would've been a rare sight to see. At least one of them would have to be down at the helm (since Coach Hedge was gone on his trip with Reyna Ramírez-Arellano, daughter of Bellona, and Nico di Angelo, son of Hades, to transport the Athena Parthenos to Camp Half-Blood), but ever since charmspeak had somehow woken up their bronze dragon figurehead Festus, Festus was more than capable of running the Argo II by himself. They also had Buford the Wonder Table, which now had a hologram of Coach Hedge that would yell at them. Buford was the one manning the helm today. If Festus' flames wouldn't scare away monsters, a miniature Coach Hedge yelling at them to put some clothes on definitely would.

Leo Valdez, son of Hephaestus, was standing in the doorway of the mess hall, probably taking in the sight of everyone. Frank Zhang, son of Mars, and Hazel Levesque, daughter of Pluto, were using their cereal bowls to flatten out a map of Greece. They were looking over it with their heads close together, and every so often Frank would cover his hand over Hazel's like the sweet couple they were. Hazel didn't even look flustered, which was a step-up for a girl from the 1940's. However, if somebody said gosh darn, she would still nearly faint.

Jason Grace, son of Jupiter, was sitting uncomfortably at the head of the table with his shirt rolled up while his girlfriend Piper McLean, daughter of Aphrodite, was changing his bandages and encouraging to stay still. After a trip to Ithaca, he had been stabbed by an Imperial Gold gladius all the way through from Michael Varus, an old Camp Jupiter Praetor. Imperial Gold and Celestial Bronze were fatal to Demigods. The entrance wound on Jason's back was purple and steaming. Definitely not a good sign. Ambrosia and nectar could only do so much for a wound that could dissolve the essence of a Demigod.

Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena, was sitting down while studying a book on Giants, possibly looking for something to aid them in their upcoming war. She kept muttering underneath her breath to try and memorize things better. Next to her sat Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon, who was eating a huge stack of blue pancakes (naturally.)

And finally, Belle Adair, daughter of Demeter, was sitting at the other head of the table. She rested her feet comfortably on the table while her book, Catching Fire, sat in her lap. Her hair had grown longer, just a little bit past her shoulders, and her skin wasn't as pale and she wasn't as skinny as she was when her and Percy got out of Tartarus. Physically, they were doing okay. Little by little they were learning to breathe normal air again after being in Tartarus for weeks. On the other hand, emotionally . . . both of them were extremely dependent on each other. Nightmares and trauma plagued their minds. Nobody questioned it when they began to stay in each other's rooms at night. It was hard to be apart after going through literal hell together.