quarante

★ 。\|/。★

𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗘

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖖𝖚𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖊:TO STORM OR FIRE, THEWORLD MUST FALL

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖖𝖚𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖊:
TO STORM OR FIRE, THE
WORLD MUST FALL

★ 。/|\。★

THIS WAS THE moment Belle had been waiting for ever since she left on the quest — the return to Camp Half-Blood. It wasn't really turning out the way she expected it to. When she first thought of going back home, Gaea wasn't awake and everyone would greet the Argo II with cheers. But that wasn't reality. Gaea had been awaken and now she was heading straight for Camp Half-Blood to destroy it. Not to mention that the Argo II was in shambles and Zeus was literally going to slap them back to Long Island. At least Belle knew she would be able to see everyone again. Katie, Connor, and Travis . . . Gods, they were so close.

Belle, along with the others, were all strapped in various areas of the Argo II with Leo's twenty-point safety harnesses. She let out a nervous breath as Zeus, now a hundred feet tall, held the ship by its prow. This would not be a very fun ride. She gripped onto the straps of the harness like she was about to go on the most terrifying rollercoaster of her life.

Suddenly, Zeus boomed HOLD ON! Belle squeezed her eyes shut as he tossed the ship up and spiked it overhand like it was a volleyball. She wanted to scream, but all of the wind was knocked out of her. Belle's head slumped forwards and spun incredibly. All of her limbs went to mush and her vision went black.

And then she was awake, remembering suddenly what they were doing. Belle, still in a daze after literally being smacked across the Atlantic, managed to undo the straps of her harness. She fell out onto the ground and landed on her knees with a grunt.

"Come on," Percy's voice slurred from next to her, pulling her up by the arm. "We . . . we have to go."

Belle, along with Percy, Annabeth, Piper, Frank, and Hazel, all made their way out of the hatch onto the deck using the guide rope they had attached to the mast. It was clear that each and every one of them was disoriented. Belle attempted to blink the black spots out of her vision as she looked around. The Argo II was spiraling downwards in a free fall while Leo desperately tried to right the ship at the control console. Festus creaked in alarm while the sails became aflame, a catapult flew into the air, shields flew off the railings, and the deck cracked.

"Go!" Leo yelled. "Go, go, go!"

For once, his tone was deadly serious. The evacuation plan had been thoroughly talked to, but everyone's minds were sluggish from Zeus hitting them. None of them moved anywhere.