quatorze

★ 。\|/。★

𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗘

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖖𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖟𝖊:THE TRADE-OFF OFSUNFLOWER AND RITPIDE

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖖𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖟𝖊:
THE TRADE-OFF OF
SUNFLOWER AND RITPIDE

★ 。/|\。★

WITH SUNFLOWER'S HILT clenched tightly in her hand, a soaking wet Belle crawled down the drainage pipe after Percy. She shivered in the darkness and so desperately wanted to be dry again. Belle thought about sitting in the warm sunshine with Percy and Annabeth like they often did. However, that wasn't possible. She had no idea where Annabeth was. Hazel, Frank, and Leo were nowhere to be found. And Belle, along with Percy, Piper, and Jason had to save Nico di Angelo and stop some Giants from destroying Rome and waking Gaea.

They just couldn't catch a break, could they?

After about thirty feet, the drainage pipe opened into a wider tunnel. Something rumbled and creaked to their left somewhere in the distance. Naturally, they went that way. More walking led the group of four to a turn in the tunnel. Percy held up his hand to signal the others to wait and peeked around the corner.

"What is it?" Piper whispered after a couple moments of Percy peering into the room.

He gestured for them to come forwards. Belle moved to stand by his side and was immediately met with a vast room. It had twenty-foot ceilings and multiple rows of support columns. That creaking and rumbling sound from earlier was coming from huge gears and pulley systems that raised and lowered some sections of the floor. Water flowed through open trenches that powered waterwheels for some machines to work. Other machines were connected to huge hamster wheels that had Hellhounds running inside them. Suspended from the ceiling were several cages of live animals. There was a lion, some zebras, a pack of hyenas, and to Belle's surprise, an eight-headed Hydra. Ancient bronze and leather conveyor belts moved stacks of weapons and armor.

About twenty feet inside the doorway, a life-sized wooden cutout of a gladiator popped up from the floor. It got on a conveyer bolt, was hooked onto a rope, and suddenly ascended through a slot in the roof. Belle stared at the place where it once was in confusion.

"What the heck?" Jason asked.

"Look," Percy announced, pointing to something.

Belle followed to see he was pointing at a raised dais. There was two empty oversized Praetor chairs with a bronze jar big enough to hold a person.

Piper frowned. "That's too easy."

"Of course," Percy replied.