vingt

★ 。\|/。★

𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗘

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖙:CALYPSO'S CURSE

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖙:
CALYPSO'S CURSE

★ 。/|\。★

BELLE HAD BEEN terrified in this place for a long time, but nothing compared to her stumbling over a Titan.

The group of three had entered the storm front and walked for what seemed like hours. They relied on light from Riptide, Sunflower, and Bob, who glowed faintly in the dark. Belle could only see about five feet in front of her, so she held onto Percy's hand tightly, not wanting to lose him. Rocks loomed out of nowhere and pits kept suddenly appearing at their feet. Monstrous roars were echoing in the gloom, although it was hard to tell where they came from.

All Belle knew was that down was the only direction. If she tried to backtrack for even a step, she got tired and felt extremely heavy like gravity wouldn't allow her to go back. It was clear that the landscape was the body of Tartarus, but Belle didn't know what body part they were on.

Belle was so lost in thought that she didn't notice the ledge in front of her until it was too late. She fell forwards while letting out a small shriek. Percy yelled Woah! and tried to grab her, but she was already falling. Fortunately, it wasn't a huge fall. The depression was mostly filled with a monster blister. Belle grunted as she landed on a warm bouncy surface and turned to see what it was.

She wished she hadn't. Staring right at her through the glowing gold membrane was a much larger face. Her eyes widened, and with a scream, she flailed off it. Belle landed in the dirt next to it and scrambled to her feet. She backed away with Sunflower pointed at it and ran into somebody behind her.

"It's okay, Beauty," Percy reassured her, gently folding his arms around her frame as she tried to catch her breath. "Hey, it's okay. Are you all right?"

Belle shook her head. She was not all right, and she thought if she opened her mouth, she might scream again. Belle Adair was no princess, but what was in front of her was enough for her to be a victim in a horror movie. Curled up in the membrane bubble was a fully formed Titan in golden armor, his skin the color of copper. His eyes were closed yet his face was contorted into a deep scowl. Belle could feel the heat radiating from his body through the blister.

"Hyperion," Percy announced. "I hate that guy."

Belle's shoulder suddenly began to ache from an old wound that she had gotten almost a year ago. Percy had fought Hyperion in Central Park — water against fire — in the Battle of Manhattan. It had been the first time he had summoned a hurricane, and also the first time Belle discovered she also had a new power that came when she stabbed Sunflower into the ground.