Chapter 2: Hold My Hand

"S-sorry, wrong room..." She said in a small voice, closing the door behind her. It was, in fact, the wrong room. She had been trying to find Mrs. Cove's room since she'd just been in a surfing accident. That's who the flowers in her hand were for. But she'd stumbled upon someone much more important, in her eyes, at least.

That man...He was familiar. She'd seen him before, with the blue haired girl, Katelyn, the girl currently being treated for a stab wound in her basement, though she still didn't understand why.

As she walked, she thought more about that man. She'd met him when he and Katelyn first arrived on the island. Back when she still worked as a tour guide, she'd given them a tour of Starlight. He was Katelyn's boyfriend, she had assumed. But why was he here?

It made sense that he was wounded, given the state they'd found Katelyn in two days prior. But why would he be here in the hospital while she had to be found by a local woman and treated in her basement?

"Stella!" She was startled out of her thoughts by someone calling her name. She turned around to see Tristan Cove, her best friend of 10 years, and the person she'd come here for in the first place.

"Tristan!" She exclaimed, running and hugging him, "How's your mom doing?"

"Better. The doctors are saying she should be free to leave in a couple of days! Come on," Tristan said, taking her hand. Stella followed him down the hallway to the room his mother was in. She gave Mrs. Cove the flowers she'd brought, along with a big hug.

She'd known Tristan and his family since she'd moved to Starlight years ago, and they'd always been close. His mother treated her like her own daughter.

After ten more minutes, she said goodbye, gave Tristan and his mother one last hug, and left the room. She knew she needed to get home soon, but kept thinking of the white haired man. She still had one flower, a single, small blue one she'd tucked into her pocket just in case. After some debate, she decided to go back.

Opening the door to the man's room, she realized how dark it was; the only light coming from the hallway. He must be asleep, she thought. There was a small table by the door with flowers, chocolate, and other gifts on it. Stella decided to place the flower there, and took out a small slip of paper along with a pen.

She didn't know his name, so she simply wrote 'get well soon' and placed it next to the flower. Quietly closing the door, she started for home, feeling a little better. Still, something was eating at her.

Should she have told him she knew where Katelyn was? Did he know she was alive? Did she know he was hurt? She still hadn't woken up yet, as her wound was pretty bad and she needed time to recover.

Stella just hoped she hadn't made things worse by not telling him. After all, she didn't really know them, but it seemed like the couple had been through a lot.

::::::::

Two days earlier, Elizabeth stood on the shore. She looked up at the Celestial Cannon, hovering high in the sky. Michael hadn't followed the plan. He'd failed to take the ultima as a relic and instead took the souls of everyone else on Starlight.

She wasn't sure he could succeed with an error like that, but all she could do was look up at the sky and wonder what was going on.

She heard screams and saw someone fall from the side of the cannon into the ocean below, followed by the firing of the cannon. Curious, Elizabeth began walking towards the docks. She took a small boat, not bothering to pay. No one could stop her anyway.

She got in the boat and started sailing over to where the person had fallen. A minute or two later, she could see that it was a woman with powder blue hair not unlike her own and a Guardian Forces uniform. But not a uniform she'd seen before.