Chapter 16: The Sunrise

A/n: TRIGGER WARNING! There are some abuse/violence type issues mentioned in this chapter. I'll put another warning right before it happens too!

Travis awoke early in the morning. Not that he'd slept well; he never really slept. Not anymore. Knowing he wouldn't be able to go back to sleep now, he got up and went downstairs. After making himself a coffee, he sat on the couch and looked out the window at the ocean.

It really was beautiful at this time of day, during sunrise. As he watched, he wondered what Katelyn would think of it. She loved to watch the sunrise.

They used to watch it together while they were here on Starlight. He would go and get himself coffee and a cup of tea for her, and they'd sit on the balcony of their house and watch the sunrise. It was his favorite way to start the day; with her.

He missed her. Of course he missed her. He just wanted her back, and he grew more anxious the longer they had to wait.

He didn't realize what time it was until Eric came downstairs and started making breakfast.

"How long have you been up?" he asked. Travis just shrugged. "Couldn't sleep?" He said.

"Yeah..." Travis replied. Eric nodded.

"Me either."

Not long later, Sylvana came downstairs, followed by Garroth and Lucinda. Aphmau didn't show up until everyone had already started eating breakfast. She never was much of a morning person. As they ate, they kept up a small conversation. It was mostly about how good the food was and what everyone was doing that day.

"Travis and I were going to go back to Stella's house today. Hopefully someone else answers the door and we're able to talk to her," Lucinda said, "We were wondering if any of you wanted to come?" Eric and Sylvana shook their heads. Aphmau and Garroth, however, nodded.

"I'll come," Garroth said, "I owe it to Katelyn."

"I'll come too," Aphmau added, "It'll be good to get out of the house for a while."

"We would love to go," Sylvana started.

"But I don't know if I can handle it..." Eric finished for her, "I'm sorry. I want to see my Sugar Pea as much as anyone, but I can't..." He almost broke down crying and Sylvana comforted him.

"That's okay," Lucinda said, "We'll bring her back, don't worry." Eric nodded.

After breakfast, everyone met at the front of the house and the four friends set out to try and find Katelyn and Stella.

::::::::

Katelyn opened her eyes to whole new surroundings. She was confused for a moment, before she remembered what had happened; they'd been moved. She sat up and looked around.

She was lying in a small, single person bed at the corner of her cell. There was a small toilet in the other corner, but that was all. Her cell was smaller than the last one, and sat in the corner of the room. The floor was a regular wood along with the wall behind and next to her. However, there was a small circular window on one wall. She looked outside to see nothing but blue. They were underwater, and that was the ocean, right outside her cell. She looked around the rest of the room.

The layout was similar to the cells in Elizabeth's basement. To the right of her cell were two large doors leading somewhere. Across from her was a cell identical to her own, with Stella asleep on the bed. At least she knew they'd both been taken to the same place. To her left was a storage area like before. However, it was set up so that everything was on one side of the other of the room, making a sort of hallway leading to a large staircase. She had no idea where that led either.