Chapter 24: The Past

"Stella? Katelyn? What are you doing here? And Stella, is that blood? Why were you bleeding?!" The man asked.

"Uh..." Stella managed.

"Who are you? How do you know my name?" Katelyn replied defensively.

"I guess you don't remember me..." He answered, "That's okay; you were pretty young last time I saw you."

"What?" Katelyn spoke. He sighed.

"I'm Zack," He said, "I'm Aphmau's dad. I left a long time ago, but I knew you when you were young. You're Eric and Elizabeth's daughter." Katelyn slowly nodded. So this was Aphmau's dad? He was the one that always took care of and looked after Stella? And wait, did she say he had a son?

"Stella mentioned you having a son," Katelyn said carefully, "Was it...Ein?" Zack sighed.

"So you know him." He replied, "Yes, Ein is my son. Sylvana and I divorced after she found out I had him." She nodded. "I'm assuming, since you two are together, you know who she is, Stella?"

"Yeah," Stella told him, "Katelyn is my sister." Zack nodded, kneeling in front of her.

"Why are you bloody?" He asked.

"It was father..." Stella replied quietly.

"I see," Zack answered, "Well, I'm sure you both have a lot to tell me about what's happened to you, but let's not talk here. Come on, I'll take you to my house and patch you up, kiddo." Stella nodded and stood up. Katelyn stopped her.

"Are you sure we can trust him? He is Aphmau's father but he's also Ein's father." She said.

"Yeah," Stella replied with a smile, "I promise we can trust him. He'll help us, don't worry." Katelyn nodded. She trusted Stella and if Stella trusted Zack, then she would take her word for it. She'd heard only bad things about him from Aphmau and Sylvana, but he was their last hope at the moment.

::::::::

After they'd gotten to Zack's house, he'd given Stella first aid. She now had a bandage on her should and a couple of band aids on her arms. She had an ice pack on her head since they couldn't exactly bandage her scalp, which was damaged from Lei pulling her by her hair. Her back also wasn't doing great, but it was all pretty minor. They'd explained their whole situation to him, and he was very understanding.

Now, Katelyn, Zack, and Stella sat on the couch in his living room.

"So, how do you know Stella?" Katelyn asked.

"Like I said, Zack, his wife, and Ein lived with my mother and I for several years." Stella explained, "When I was four Ein graduated and went to college while the rest of us came here."

"Michael told us it was best for the plan if we all lived here." Zack added. Katelyn nodded.

"And...You and Ein...Were close?" She asked.

"Yeah, he's like a brother to me. He's actually the reason I started dying my hair this streak of blue," Stella replied, pointing to her hair, "That way, he and I could match." Zack smiled at the memory.

"I see..." Katelyn said, "Sorry, it's hard for me to see that. I always knew Ein as this heartless and horrible person. I guess he wasn't so heartless."

"Not when it came to little Stella," Zack said, "Or Aphmau. They were the only two he ever truly cared about." Katelyn nodded, she could see that. There was a moment of silence before Stella finally spoke up.

"We were wondering if it would be okay," she said carefully, "If we stayed here for a little while? Mother and the guides are out looking for us and we need somewhere to hide while the heat dies down. Then we can finally get back to Aphmau and the others." Zack nodded.

"Of course! I'm happy to have you stay here, it's normally pretty lonely. I have two spare bedrooms you can use." Stella smiled.

"Thank you!" She said, hugging him.

"Anytime, Kiddo." Zack told her.

::::::::

Aphmau sat on the beach, watching the waves crash against the sand. She had come here searching for Stella and Katelyn, but ended up getting distracted and staying longer.

She couldn't help it; she felt at peace here, listening to the ocean. Plus, things were finally looking up. She'd gotten another call from Melissa and Aaron since yesterday, saying Aaron had remembered college and was beginning to recall when she had moved in with Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan on Mystreet.

She knew they'd find Katelyn soon, and then they could all go home. She could be with Aaron again, and help him through regaining his memories.

Melissa said just talking to her seemed helping him, but she was convinced he was doing this on his own. She believed in him, and she knew he could do it.

She would have her fiancé back soon; she knew it. It was just a matter of time.