Chapter 19: Nana

Kawaii~Chan woke with a start. She'd had a nightmare again, not that it was surprising at this point. She'd been having them since Katelyn...

She shook her head. No thinking about that today. She needed to be there for Zane. Still, she got out of bed and walked down the hall to Katelyn's room. She opened the door quietly and turned on the light. Of course, it was empty. But it helped her, somehow, to come in here. Just being in here made her feel better, like she would see her friend again.

She sat down on the bed and picked up a small stuffed lion. Katelyn had won it for Travis at the Fall Festival last year. She had tried to at least. He said the lion fit her better, and told her to keep it.

Kawaii~Chan would know, she was there with her camera for the whole thing. But that was last year. This year, she knew she wouldn't be able to bring herself to go. Not without her friends there too.

Just then, she heard the doorbell ring. She went downstairs to answer it but paused when she saw a poster lying on the floor. It was bright pink with white letters that read 'keep clam and ship on...Unless your OTP is near, then go crazy.' Katelyn always hated that poster. It must have fallen. She picked it up and placed it on the kitchen counter to hang back up later.

She went over to the door and answered it. Just as expected, it was Zane.

"Four!" He greeted.

"Zane," She smiled, pulling him into a hug, "come in." She stepped back to let him in. He came inside and she closed the door. "How is you mom?" She asked, sitting on the couch.

"Not great. She's having a hard time...Moving on from what happened." Zane replied, "How are you, without Eighteen (Katelyn)?"

"Honestly, it's tough." Nana sighed. She didn't know what else to say. Things just weren't the same without Katelyn. "I feel bad for coming home, like maybe I should have stayed..."

"Four, it's okay." Zane told her, "You did what was best for you, Eighteen would understand that." She nodded.

"Well, I should probably go check on Kim..." She changed the subject. Zane nodded.

"See you later," he said, giving her a kiss before he left. She smiled. Things definitely weren't the same, but he never failed to cheer her up, just by being around him. Even if he couldn't remember her name. Now she needed to go see Kim and make sure she was doing okay.

::::::::

Zane sighed in frustration. He loved Four, he really did. But it bothered him that he couldn't even remember her name. That was such an important thing and he just couldn't! Of course, there were bigger things going on right now, but it still bothered him.

He decided to head to his parents' house and check on his mother again. She wasn't doing very well lately, and he wanted to be there for her the way Four was there for him.

After a short walk he arrived at the house. He knocked on the door and his mother immediately answered.

"Mom!" He exclaimed.

"Zane!" She replied, hugging him tightly. She let him in and he sat down on the couch. "I made you coffee, just the way you like it." His mom said.

He smiled, knowing that her taking care of him was a way of coping for her.

"So, How's Nana?" She asked.

"She' alright." Zane replied, "She's having a hard time without Eighteen."

"Well, hopefully the others will be back with Katelyn soon. Sylvana tells me they're making advancements in finding her every day!" Zianna exclaimed, "It should only be a matter of time before they bring her home."

Zane nodded, he sure hoped so. It hurt him to see Four like that. Sure, it hurt to see anyone he cared about like that but she had it the worst and he knew it. And she always acted like it was all okay, even when he knew it wasn't.

"You know, Zane," Zianna said, "When you first came in, I was sure you'd gotten your memories back." He looked at her with a puzzled look.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because, Zuzu," She replied, "You called me mom."

"O-oh..." Zane said.

"You never call me mom! It's always thirty-two or sixteen or something..." She told him, "I think you might be getting better, sweetheart."

"I...I have to go see Four." Zane said. Zianna nodded in understanding before giving him one more hug. As he left he waved goodbye with a smile on his face.

::::::::

Nana flopped down on her bed. It had been a long morning. After she'd talked to Zane, she'd gone to check on Kim, only to find that she wasn't there. So she'd gone on and went to Aphmau's house to water the plants and feed the pets. She did the same with Lucinda's house since they were both gone.

But she'd found Kim sitting outside on Lucinda's front porch. When she asked what was wrong, she just started crying, so she'd brought her back to the house for cupcakes and they'd talked.

It turned out Kim and Ghost really missed Lucinda. They were close friends, and she had been gone for a while, so she couldn't really blame them.

She didn't mind helping them, not at all. But it had taken longer than expected and she hadn't even gotten to eat breakfast yet!

That was when the doorbell rang again, so she got up to go answer it. Once again, it was Zane, and she smiled. Her mood increased just seeing him.

"Hey Zane, what's up?" She asked.

"Four," He started, but stopped.

"Yes...?" She asked. Zane shook his head and tried again.

"Four..." He stopped. Nana was confused.

"Yes?" She repeated.

"Four," Zane tried. He looked sad. What was wrong?

"Yes, what's wrong?" She questioned.

"F-four..." He trailed off. Clearly, whatever he was trying to say wasn't working. There were tears in his eyes.

"Zane, what's wrong?!" She asked, giving him a hug.

"My memories..." He said, "I-I thought...They were back...I thought I could remember your name...I'm sorry."

"Zane, it's okay! It's not your fault," She replied, "It's just a name, it doesn't matter. I still love you."

"Nana..." Zane said. They both grew wide eyed. Nana stepped back. Now it was her turn to tear up.

"Z-Zane?" She said. He smiled.

"Nana, I love you..." He said. She put her hand to her mouth in shock. He...He really did remember....

"I love you too, Zane!" She exclaimed happily, kissing him. He kissed back happily. She pulled away and hugged him, burying her face in his chest.

"H-How did you know they were coming back?" Nana asked.

"My mom...Kind of told me. I called her mom and she got really happy so I came here to see if I could remember your name..." He answered.

"I'm glad you did," She whispered.

"Yeah," He replied, "Me too."

In that moment, Nana knew everything would be okay. They both did. They stayed there, enjoying each other's company and warmth. It was comforting to have someone by your side who cared about you. And it was even better now that Zane could actually remember her name.

They were going to get through this, together.

A/n: Hope you liked this little Zane~Chan chapter! I'm so sorry I've been so bad about uploads lately! I'm having issues with my computer. Today I'll be posting two chapters to try and catch back up on my uploading schedule.