Chapter 14: Hugs

One week. It had been one week since Travis last heard from Stella. He didn't know what had happened to her, or if Katelyn was okay.

Truth be told, he was worried. He didn't know what to do or what to think. He would try calling her but he knew she'd had her phone taken away. He still waited at the diner every day, but she never came by. It was as if she'd just up and disappeared.

"Do you think we should try and look for her?" Lucinda asked. She was sitting in the diner waiting with him. She'd been doing this to comfort him for the last few days.

"Yeah...Let's go," he replied, standing up. As they were leaving, Travis overheard part of a conversation between a waiter and a boy. Both of them looked about sixteen.

"Are you sure she hasn't been here?" the boy asked.

"Yeah, Tristan, I think I would notice if she had," the waiter, Leo, replied.

"Do you have any idea where she could be?" Tristan asked.

"I don't know, man. I'm not the one Stella hangs with; you are." Leo told him.

"You know Stella?" Travis asked without thinking.

"Uh...Yeah. Do you?" Tristan replied.

"Yeah, and we're actually looking for her, too." He explained.

"Really? Maybe I can help!" Tristan exclaimed, "We're best friends, and I haven't heard from her in a week. I'm getting kind of worried since she won't answer her texts either."

"That would be great!" Travis said.

"Okay," Tristan replied, turning to leave with them, "See you later, Leo." The waiter waved goodbye. They stopped when they got outside.

"Do you know any places she may be? Where she hangs out?" Lucinda questioned.

"Yeah, that's why I was checking the diner. She's kind of a regular there," Tristan explained, "I was going to try the mall area or the art center next since she's always at the mall and helps with art classes. We could try her house, but I'd rather that be a last resort since her mom doesn't like me much."

Travis nodded. The art center wasn't a place he'd though to check. The mall, yes. But art...

"Let's go," Lucinda said. They decided to try the mall first since apparently it was where Stella spent half her time. Tristan had already checked the Tour Center where she worked but with no luck. In fact, the tour center was closed now that summer was over.

To get to the mall, they had to walk to another park, or part of the island. There were shops on their part of the island as well as the main residential area, but the mall was located in another part, where there was also a secondary residential area, where Stella lived.

After searching through the mall with no luck, they went to check the art center. Again, nothing. They checked nearly everywhere in the park but couldn't find her. Their last hope was to check her house. Travis really didn't want to, but he didn't have much choice.

If he wanted to get Katelyn back, he needed to find Stella first. And since she was nowhere to be found, this was the last option.

So he and Lucinda followed as Tristan led them to Stella's house.

::::::::

Garroth stood on the beach, his feet in the water. The sunset was so beautiful with all of the pinks, blues, oranges, and purples. It was one of his favorite things to do on Starlight; watch the sunset. Sure, he could do that back home, but something about the island just made it seem all the more magical. He took in the salty smell as he closed his eyes. The waves calmed him, making him forget about everything. About Katelyn, about Stella, about his father...

No, he didn't want to forget any of them. Stella was going to help them find Katelyn. And Garroth was going to find his dad, no matter what.

So far, he'd had no luck. He'd searched everywhere; every park, every hotel, and every other place he could think of. And yet he'd found nothing. But he refused to accept that Garte was dead. He couldn't be.

They hadn't found his body, or any proof he was dead. He could still be out there, just like Katelyn was. But at the same time, if he was out there, why wouldn't he be looking for Garroth? For his family?

Maybe he was in the same situation as Katelyn. Maybe he couldn't go looking for them.

"I'll find you, father," Garroth promised, "I won't stop searching."

A little while later, he left the beach and returned home. For some reason Lucinda and Travis weren't back yet. Odd; they were rarely ever out this late. Sylvana and Eric were there, eating dinner, and Aphmau was up in her and Aaron's room, as usual.

"Garroth! I just finished making dinner, would you like some?" Eric asked with a sad smile. Much like Kawaii~Chan, he'd thrown himself into baking since Katelyn's supposed death. Even now that they knew she was alive, baking and cooking helped him feel better.

He made his famous strawberry puffs, or course, along with other sweets. He'd also taken to making meals for everyone, as he was the best chef in the house now that Aaron wasn't around.

"Yes, please," Garroth replied politely. Eric placed some steak along with mashed potatoes on his plate. Garroth thanked him and began eating just as Sylvana spoke.

"Where are Lucinda and Travis?" She asked. Garroth swallowed his food.

"I'm not sure, I haven't seen them today." He replied.

"Well, I'm sure they'll be home soon. I'll save some for them," Eric stated. Garroth nodded, and went back to eating. Once he finished, he got up and put his dishes away. As he was leaving, Sylvana stopped him.

"I realize I haven't been paying much attention to you since...The incident, Garroth. But I wanted to say, I'm sorry about your father. I'm sure you'll find him." She told him, "And if you need anything, please let me know. I'd be more than happy to help."

"Thank you," Garroth replied before returning to his room. Sylvana stood up.

"I'm going to go take some food to Aphmau, she hasn't come out of her room all day and I'm worried," she said. Eric nodded, and she went to her daughter's room. She knocked three times and Aphmau called for her to come in.

She was sitting on the bed in front of her laptop with tears in her eyes. Sylvana placed her food on the bedside table.

"How are you doing, Mija?" She asked, sitting down on the bed.

"I...I don't know..." Aphmau replied.

"What happened?" her mother asked.

"I told Aaron everything..." She replied.

"Everything?!" Sylvana asked, concerned.

"Well, not everything. Just that he lost his memories, and that we've met in real life and we're close. He just doesn't remember..." She explained.

"I see...How did he take it?" Sylvana asked.

"As well as anyone could, I guess. He said he needed time to process everything, and I understand that..." Aphmau told her.

"And how are you feeling?" Sylvana questioned.

"Me? I feel...A lot better. Like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders," Aphmau replied, "I'm glad I told him; he deserved to know."

"I'm glad, Mija. Just know...He may not ever remember you, even if you tell him," Sylvana said, "you can't force him, okay?"

"I know, It just...Felt good to tell him." Aphmau said with a smile. Sylvana returned it, giving he daughter a big hug.