Chapter 10: Tea

Travis sat in the Deep End Diner by himself. Since meeting with Stella here, it had become one of his favorite places to eat. He hadn't heard from her since he and Garroth met with her two days ago, but was trying not to worry about it.

Right at that moment, she walked in. He spotted the girl immediately. Her blonde hair was in two French braids, and she wore a blue crop top, black shorts, black boots, and a black and dark grey jacket with the hood up. The blue streak in her hair peaked out from underneath the hood.

She didn't notice him, however, and walked over to the counter.

"Hey Stella! You want the usual?" one of the waiters asked.

"Yes, please." She replied with a smile.

"Coming right up," the waiter told her. She sat down at a booth not far from Travis. Wanting to know if there was any news, he came over and sat in front of her. "Oh, hi Travis." She said.

"Hey, I was wondering if there was anything new?" he asked. She nodded.

"Actually, yes! I was really hoping I'd see you or someone here. I would have called, but my mom took my phone away," she explained, "she said it was because I spend too much time on it, but I'm worried she might be on to me."

"Do you know if Katelyn's okay?" Travis questioned.

"Yeah, she was back yesterday, but I haven't gotten a chance to ask her what happened," she replied, "that's all I know."

"That's okay; I just wanted to know she was safe." Travis replied, "And be careful not to let you mom find out about this. You're the only link we have to Katelyn right now." She nodded. Travis started to get up just as the waiter came with a drink.

"Here's that sweet tea," he said, handing it to Stella.

"Thanks, Leo!" She replied happily. He smiled brightly and left. Something made Travis stop. She liked tea, too....

"You know," he stated, "Katelyn's a really big fan of tea, too. She likes it unsweetened, though."

"Really? That's cool!" Stella answered, "I come in here all the time for tea; it's really good!" Travis smiled. "Speaking of tea, you need to spill some!" She added. (Yeah I think you all knew where this was going XD)

"Huh? But you just got it and-" he started.

"No! Spill the tea! Like, tell me all the gossip," She explained, "I want to know how you and Katelyn met or stories about her or something!"

"Oh...Well, we met in high school. She hit me with a volleyball," Travis chuckled, "We were friends for a really long time, and at one point we had to pretend to be in a relationship. That's kind of when we both realized we wanted a real one together." Stella's face lit up so much you could almost see sparkles in her eyes.

"That's so CUTE! You two are adorable!" She squealed. Travis could already tell she would be like a mini Kawaii~Chan. He chuckled.

"But what about your tea? That waiter guy was totally into you," he told her.

"Who, Leo? Nah he's just a friend. I used to have a crush on him when we were younger but he didn't like me back so I got over it." She explained.

"I don't know...I know the signs that guy likes someone, believe me, and he was definitely showing them..." He teased.

"Whatever. But what's the story behind your friends? Starlight is expensive, how did you all end up here this summer?" She asked, changing the subject. She reminded him a lot of Katelyn.

"Well it started when my friend Aaron wanted to..." He began telling her the story. But he noticed that even though Katelyn was still gone, talking o Stella made him feel a lot better. She had a way of cheering him up.

::::::::

Aphmau sat in her room, once again talking to Aaron. They were close, just like they used to be. Of course it wasn't the same but she'd take what she could get.

Still, she kept catching things, small things he would say that made her think he had remembered. But more so than that, she always found small things that showed he was sad.

He didn't outright say it, but she questioned whether or not he was really happy where he was right now. And this made her wonder; had she made the right choice by sending him home with Melissa? She'd wanted him to be free to be with someone else, to fall in love with someone else, and be happy with someone else.

But was that what he wanted? Was something deep inside him remembering her and making him sad?

Should she tell him the truth? Tell him everything? Would it help him remember or just make things worse for him?

She couldn't be sure. As much as she wanted her Aaron back, she wanted to do what was best for him. She decided to wait for a while.

Maybe she would tell him, but not yet.

::::::::

When Stella arrived home after talking with Travis at the Deep End Diner, the house was quiet. This made her nervous; the house was never quiet.

That meant something bad was about to happen, most likely to her. She had told Travis she'd meet him at the diner at the same time if something new came up, or just to talk and make sure he knew everything was okay.

At least she knew that if she didn't show up for a long period of time he'd know something was wrong and to come looking for her.

She took a deep breath and opened the door. As she stepped inside the house she was met by her mother, Aidan, and Kelly...The girl whose job she'd been taking without permission. This wasn't going to go well, that was for sure.

"Stella Luna Aeson, where have you been?" Elizabeth asked. Uh oh, she thought, full names are never a good sign.

"The Diner," she replied, "I was getting my tea like I always do."

"Mhm," Elizabeth nodded, not buying it, "And who were you with?"

"T-Tristan..." She replied carefully.

"Really? Because Aidan here tells me a different story," her mother said, "he followed you, and he tells me you were meeting a white-haired man." Stella froze. Aidan; he'd followed her?

"And not just and white-haired man," Aidan added, "This one happened to be our dear guest, Katelyn's boyfriend." She looked down. They'd caught her because she'd been careless.

"Kelly here also tells me you've been stealing her job and bringing food down to Katelyn every morning," Elizabeth said, "Is this true?" Stella sighed and nodded.

"Yes, it is." She replied.

"And here I thought you'd learned your lesson after losing basement and phone privileges," Elizabeth said, "I guess we'll just need to teach it again." She turned to Aidan. "Switch her rank," she told him, "and take her away, she's grounded."

Rather than try to fight and put herself in a worse situation, Stella stood still as Aidan took her heart shaped charm and switched it out with a skull. Then she was dragged down into the basement and thrown into the cell next to Katelyn's.

It wasn't the first time this had happened. It was her mother's favorite way to punish her, after all.

Elizabeth was disappointed, but not surprised at Stella's behavior. She'd always been quite the troublemaker and she didn't have the patience to deal with it. So, she'd spent many days in that very cell in the basement. It was the best form of punishment, in her opinion.

But this was not her daughter's first, third, even fifteenth offense, and she was growing tired of it. If she wasn't careful, she'd have to do away with her. But not yet. For now she had to keep her options open. It was possible she could use her to get through to Katelyn, or even use her against that boyfriend of hers...

Deciding to think about it later, Elizabeth left for the harbor, needing to oversee the rebuilding of the Celestial Cannon.

After all, this was phase three of her plan.

A/n: I can't believe we're already 10 chapters in! Thank you to everyone still reading, I really appreciate it!