Chapter 12: Memories

Travis sat waiting in the Deep End Diner. It was the third day Stella hadn't shown up, and he was growing more and more anxious. What if something had happened? What if her mother had found out? She was the only link they had to Katelyn, and if they lost it...He didn't know what he'd do.

He shook the thought from his head. It was probably fine, he was just reading too much into it. She probably just didn't have any news and didn't want to seem suspicious by coming to the diner all the time.

Lucinda came in and saw him at a table alone. She walked over and sat down.

"She didn't show?" She asked. He shook his head. "Try not to worry too much, I'm sure everything's fine."

"You're right, it probably is," Travis admitted. But he still wasn't sure. To help him feel better, Lucinda stayed and they talked over coffee.

Still, something was bothering him. He had a feeling he just couldn't shake that he should go to Stella's house right now and find Katelyn. But that would be crazy, right? He couldn't just go barging into someone's house, especially since he barely knew these people.

But if this lasted much longer, he would take action any way he could to get Katelyn back. He just wanted her back.

::::::::

Aphmau lay on a towel on the beach, soaking up the sun. It was just as warm as it had been all summer despite it now being late September. She wondered whether it was like that year round.

Still, there were more important things on her mind. Like what to do about Aaron. Should she tell him everything? Try to make him remember?

There was a chance that could help him regain his memory, but there was also a chance it would make him feel worse than he already felt. It was clear he was in a bad place right now, and she didn't want to do anything to make it worse.

Still, this had been bothering her for a while. She just didn't know what to do! She wanted him to be happy, more than anything.

Aphmau took out her laptop, which she'd been bringing everywhere recently, and opened her game.

It was no surprise that Aaron was on right now. He was almost always on. She decided to message him about this.

'FC...?' She typed.

'Yes, Shu?' He replied.

'I wanted to ask you something...' She admitted.

'Of course! What is it?' He asked.

'If...Hypothetically, you lost all of your memories of your older life, and I knew it...Would you want me to tell you the truth?' She questioned. She knew it was blunt but she needed to hear his answer. There was a moment before his response came.

'Yes, I'd want to know about it. Why?' He asked.

'Are you sure?' She typed, ignoring the question, 'even though it might be painful to know you've forgotten so much?'

'Yeah...I'd rather know I've forgotten and have it be hard than live my life not knowing and feeling like a part of me is always missing.' He explained.

She nodded even though he couldn't see her. That was it, then. That was her answer. She needed to tell him. Maybe not everything he'd forgotten right away, but at least that he had forgotten.

She took a deep breath, and began typing the message she'd wanted to send him since the first day they'd reunited online.

A/n: I'm sorry this chapter was sooooo short! To make up for it I'll be posting the next one today as well so be on the lookout!