Chapter 23: Picture This

Travis, Lucinda, and Garroth stood in the town square area right in front of Cove Clothing. There had been a big commotion last night, and they'd come to see if it may have been Katelyn or Stella.

By now, it had died down a little. There were a few people standing around that Travis recognized from the boat, but he didn't dare approach them. A man he didn't recognize was also there, and he assumed that was Lei Gordon. Tristan and who Travis assumed was his mother were there too.

"What do you think happened?" He asked.

"I'm not sure," Lucinda said, "Maybe someone broke in?"

"Do you think it could be...?" Garroth trailed off.

"It's possible." Lucinda told him.

"Hey, Tristan!" Travis called, waving. The teenage boy came over to them.

"What?" He asked, clearly annoyed.

"What's going on?" Lucinda questioned.

"Someone broke into the store last night," Tristan explained, "When I got here, Lei and some of the tour guides were already there, searching the area for something. No one would tell me anything, so I came over to our store and asked the guy that was inside. He claimed he was just looking for someone but I'm pretty sure he was the one that broke in."

"Did they find any evidence that it was him?" Lucinda asked.

"Nope," Tristan replied, "But we weren't the only place they broke into, the wood workshop got hit too." Travis nodded.

"Thanks," He told him.

"Uh...Sure?" Tristan replied before returning to what he was doing. Travis looked at Lucinda and Garroth and nodded. They needed to check the workshop.

When they got there, it was in the same state, and no one would tell them anything. Travis was beginning to get annoyed.

"What do we do now?" He asked, "No one will tell us anything."

"I'm not sure..." Lucinda said, "We could try searching the jungle again? Garroth and I didn't find anything but maybe..."

"Hey guys!" Garroth said, "Check it out." He was pointing to a man standing outside the workshop. He was talking to a black haired tour guide and held a plastic bag in his hand.

"What? Garroth, I don't see anything." Travis told him.

"Look at what's in the bag," Garroth said, "Doesn't it look familiar?" Travis sighed and looked closer. Inside the bag were two broken black chokers, just like the ones Stella and the tour guides always wore. But these were different; they each had a skull charm on them, not like Stella's heart charm or the other guides' star charms.

Still, it was a clue. Was it possible those broken chokers were related to Katelyn and Stella? But why had they broken into the workshop and left them there? To cut them off, maybe? But why?

"If only I had my magic," Lucinda sighed, "I could use it to find them, and we'd all be back home together by now."

"It's okay," Garroth assured her, "Well find them."

"Yeah," Travis agreed. He sighed. He just had a weird feeling, as if they'd just missed Katelyn and Stella. Was it a sign? Had they been here? Had they just missed them?

::::::::

"Are we almost there?" Katelyn asked. She didn't want to complain, but she hadn't slept or eaten in days, and it was all catching up to her.

"Yeah, we should be there soon." Stella replied, turning a corner. As they walked down the street, Katelyn couldn't help but feel as if they should have stayed in the square just a little longer. But they couldn't do that, or they would have been caught.

She thought of Travis, and what he was doing right now. Was he worrying about her? Trying to find her? Did he miss her? She sure missed him. It had been almost as month since she last saw him, as it was now nearly mid-October.

She wondered how Aphmau and Aaron were doing. Had they stayed on the island for her?

She wondered how Kawaii~Chan and Zane were doing, being that they now were a couple. She wondered how Lucinda, Kim, and Garroth were. How was Garroth taking the fact that he'd almost killed her? Had he stayed too?

She wanted to know how her dad and Sylvana were doing. Eric probably wasn't taking all of this very well, but she was glad he had Sylvana to help him.

She couldn't wait to get back to them; to introduce them to Stella. They'd like her as much as she did, she knew it. Sure, it had taken time to warm up to her, but this was her sister, after all.

"We're here." The blonde stated. They had stopped in front of a small building. Katelyn recognized it as the Physical Therapy Clinic. Aphmau had taken her there once while Aaron was having PT.

"Why are we here?" She asked.

"I know one of the doctors that works here," Stella replied, "He'll help us. I would have taken us right to his house, but I don't know where it is so I figured we could come here instead. He's here every day, so we just have to wait for him to show up." Katelyn nodded.

Stella opened the door to the building and stepped inside. She then led Katelyn through the nearly deserted clinic to an office.

"We can wait here." She said, sitting down in one of the chairs. Katelyn pulled up a chair next to her and looked around the room.

It was small, with only a messy desk in the corner, a couple of chairs, and a small couch. She looked towards the desk and studied it. There was a computer, papers everywhere, and a couple of framed photos.

One in particular caught her eye. It was of Stella holding a stuffed dog. She looked to be about six or seven, but still had the same blue streak in her hair as she did today. A man with black hair and brown eyes stood next to her. They were smiling.

"What's this?" She asked, picking it up.

"Oh, that was when I was little," Stella replied, "He's the guy who's going to help us. He got me that stuffed dog; the only stuffed animal I have." She smiled.

"He seems great," Katelyn said.

"Yeah," Stella replied, "He was always like a father to me. More so than my real father, as you can see. He took care of me when no one else did. He and his son lived with us even before we moved here. His wife did too, before she died..."

"I see." Katelyn said, "Why did you come here?"

"Well, my dad already lived and had a job here. My mom came because Michael asked her to. He said he needed her to carry out his plan," Stella replied.

"What about this guy?" Katelyn asked, pointing to the photo, "How did he end up here?"

"His son had just graduated and his wife was gone," Stella explained, "He said he thought of me as a daughter, so he got a job as a Physical Therapist and moved here with us." Katelyn nodded. He seemed great, but he also seemed familiar. She just couldn't place it...

Then she looked over and saw a phot that stunned her. It was of young Stella, maybe three years old. But that wasn't what shocked her. It was that the person holding her in the picture...Was Ein. He was either a high school junior or senior in the photo, but it was definitely him. Suddenly, Katelyn realized who Stella's blue streak reminded her of. It was him. But why would young Stella be with someone like that? Someone so awful?

"Stella, why are you with Ein in this picture-" Katelyn started.

Suddenly, she was interrupted by the office door opening and the man from the first picture stepping inside.

"Stella?" He asked, surprised. "Katelyn?"

They were as surprised as he was. Of course he knew Stella, but how did he know who Katelyn was? Had she met him before? Just who was he?

A/n: Two posts in one day! Yeah I'm trying to get back on my original schedule so hopefully it works out!