Chapter 5: FC

Aphmau was in shock as she stared at the message on her screen. 'FC has logged on.' How...Was this possible? Aaron had lost his memories, there was no way it was him. Still, she found herself typing into the chat.

'FC? Is it really you?' She asked.

'Shu! Yes, it's me. Are you okay?' Came his response.

'Me? Are YOU okay? Do you remember me?' She questioned. She needed to know what was going on.

'Of course Shu, I could never forget you.' He replied. Her heart sank. He didn't remember who she was; he only remembered Shu.

'Oh...Okay...' She typed.

'Is something wrong? You can talk to me you know 8D' He replied. She smiled...That face...

'No, nothing's wrong :)' She assured him, and for once it was actually true. Something about talking to Aaron, even like this, where he only remembered Shu, made her feel better.

'Okay, I'm always here for you! I've gotta go, but I'll talk to you later' He promised.

'See you later.' She replied before closing her laptop. It wasn't much, but talking with Aaron even for a little while was enough to make her so much happier. He didn't have his memories back, but he hadn't completely forgotten her, and she could work with that.

A few days later, everyone was packing and getting ready to go home. They were supposed to leave the next day, but not everyone was happy about it. Kim, Sylvana, and Zane thought it would be good to go, but Eric and Aphmau had both been hesitant. Kawaii~Chan didn't seem to have an opinion on the matter and Travis and Lucinda didn't seem to want to leave, but hadn't said anything.

Of course Travis hadn't really spoken to anyone since it all happened. Everyone worried for him but no one could really blame him. It was a good thing he had Aphmau to help him through it.

::::::::

Kai stood outside of the house he and his friends had been staying in for the summer. They would be leaving the next day, and he was reflecting on everything that had happened.

He'd originally come to the island with a friend since he'd just gotten divorced, and their other friend had come along with his son. Not long later, he'd run into Katelyn and Aphmau from high school.

Aphmau was doing well and had a boyfriend. As far as he was concerned, Katelyn was single. He'd found he still had feelings for her, and tried to take his chance. But it turned out Travis felt the same and always stood in the way.

In the end, Kai was too late and Katelyn and Travis got together. He could accept that, while he did regret it.

After that he didn't see the couple again, and then the incident with the ultima happened and everything was pretty chaotic. Still, it was a good summer overall.

Just as the Meif'wa was about to head inside, his phone started ringing. It wasn't a number he recognized, but he answered anyway.

"Hello?" He said into the phone.

"Hi! Is this Kai?" A girl's voice asked.

"Yes, and who is this?" He replied, not recognizing the voice.

"My name is Stella, and I'm calling on behalf of Katelyn," She explained, "Do you know her?" Katelyn? Why was someone calling about her?

"Yes...Why?" Kai questioned.

"I'm sure you're aware that she has a boyfriend, and I was wondering if you could possibly pass a message on to him?" Stella requested. Kai was confused at this.

"Why would you need me to give him a message? And why can't Katelyn ask me herself? What's going on?" He demanded.

"Look, I don't have much time and I can't explain everything over the phone. Katelyn's currently not in a position to contact you herself, and asked me to do it instead," She explained, "I need you to pass a message to her boyfriend because I can't talk to him directly right now." Hearing the urgency in her voice, Kai decided to agree.

"Alright, what do you need me to tell him?" He asked.

"Tell him Katelyn's alive, that's all for now. I'll call again when I can with more information, thank you," She said, hanging up before he could reply.

It was clear Kai needed to find Travis as soon as possible. He wasn't sure why he might think Katelyn was dead, but it didn't sound good. The Meif'wa sighed.

"I guess I might be sticking around a few more days," He said to himself, "I just hope Katelyn and Travis are okay."

With that, he set off to search for Travis and give him the message.

A/n: Sorry this chapter was so short! I promise the next one will be longer!