Chapter 26 - Cherry sours

Harry is leaving today.

I've repeated it in my mind about a hundred times yet I still can't wrap my head around it.

He's leaving and I won't see him for months.

I don't know what I'm suppose to do. He's the only person I have to hang out with. Joey is going to be with his parents for a year and Camille has her own pretty model friends.

So I have no one.

I hear a knock on my door and groan. I walk over to open the door and when I see Harry standing there with his arms crossed I instantly slam it back in his face.

"Emma! Let me in!" He yells.

"Cant talk! I'm...having hot sex!" I lie.

"We both know that is a lie, open up." He says.

"I can have hot sex anytime I want to." I mumble under my breath.

I open the door and Harry is standing there with his eyebrows raised.

"I can explain." I start.

"Oh please do." He nods for me to elaborate.

"Any chance you would believe me if I said I'm staying here as an undercover guest to catch an evil stripper who's been stealing all the tiny shampoo and conditioners?" I ask.

"What happened?" He asks.

"Turns out animals aren't allowed in my old apartment and someone ratted me out for Styles and now I'm living in a hotel." I shrug.

"Emma, why didn't you tell me." He groans.

"Because it's not your job to look after me, H! I'm a big girl and I'm doing just fine." I say.

"See that's the thing Emma, you always say you're doing fine but it's not always the truth. I'm here to help you Emma. You don't have to keep lying and saying you're fine because you don't want to bother anyone." He says.

I just look down at the ground not responding because I knew he was right.

"Just stay at my place while I'm gone. Camille is going to be staying with her parents so I need someone to house sit anyway." He says.

"I know you don't actually need someone to house sit you're just nice." I mumble, playfully pushing his shoulder.

"Fine, you caught me. You'll stay at my place right?" He asks.

"Do I have a choice?" I laugh.

"Nope." He smiles back.

-

"I am getting deja vu." I say, walking up the stairs with Styles in my hand.

"Me...too." Harry grunts behind me, carrying all my luggage.

I walk through the door and set Styles down, who immediately blasts off, running around everywhere.

I walk into the kitchen and freeze when I spot something on the counter.

Is that what I think it is?

"Yes, they're cherry sours." Harry says, reading my thoughts.

"Oh my god, Harry! Where did you even find these?" I ask, shoving some in my mouth.

"Found them at a gas station. Looks like we were to dumb to look there." He laughs.

"These are better then sex." I moan, my mouth full of the candy.