Chapter 68 - We'll be alright

Just play the song while reading, there's no specific time you need to play it.

Part two of the double update!

Enjoy, babes!

///

"Cherry. It's about me, isn't it?" I repeat and he glances to the ground.

"Emma. Every song I've written on that album is about you." He whispers, still looking at the ground.

I blink at him a few times, processing his words as everything hits me at once. It's like a fucking tidal wave of lyrics just crushed me.

And the coffee's out
At the Beachwood Café

Quick pause in conversation
She plays songs I've never heard

I couldn't want you any more
Kiss in the kitchen like it's a dance floor

Baby, you're the end of June
I want your belly and that summer feelin'

You sunshine, you temptress
My hand's at risk, I fold

And I'm still thinking back to
A time under the canyon moon

What am I now?
What if you're someone I just want around?

My eyes
Want you more than a melody

You've got my devotion
But man, I can hate you sometimes

And I'm well aware I write too many songs about you

Holy shit, I feel like Rapunzel in that one scene where she finds out she's the long lost princess.

I need to sit down.

I walk over to the couch, sitting down while staring at the wall in front of me with wide eyes and parted lips.

"Why?" Was the only thing I could get out, flicking my gaze up to him.

He looks stunned at my question, his lips parting as he blinks at me.

"I- what?" He asks, confused, still not daring to step closer to me.

"Why did you right songs about me? You were supposed to right songs about Camille, not me." I shake my head in denial.

It doesn't make sense. He just broke up with Camille. His whole album looks as though it was written about Camille, but it wasn't.

It was written about me.

"Because, you're the only thing that inspired me. I don't know." He shrugs.

"What do you mean you don't know!?" I snap, standing up from the couch as his eyes widen at my outburst.

"I-" He stops himself like he doesn't know how to reply.

"Harry, your whole album was suppose to be about Camille! You're telling me you don't know why you weren't inspired enough to write a song about your girlfriend that broke your heart!" I shout in disbelief, letting out a humorless chuckle.