27: It Was Simply a Death Full of Grievances

"Lookie here! Isn't this the missus who stabbed one of my eyes? Aren't you going to run? My attack range is really wide. I think you'll have to run... over there if you want to avoid getting stabbed by me."

Under Lin Sanjiu's horror-filled gaze, the duoluozhong did not attack. Instead, it pointed to an empty patch not far from her. His words were interjected with frivolous laughter, and he narrowed his long slit-like eyes in an exceedingly unpleasant manner. 'When it was human, it must have been a repulsive man.' Somehow, this thought flashed through Lin Sanjiu's mind.

As she stared unwaveringly in the direction of the duoluozhong, her palm flashed with a white light, and she now held another handful of cards. Despite the fact that her body was slightly trembling from her intense nervousness, she forced herself to stay in the same spot.

It must be joking if it thought that she would run out into the open space and allow herself to be sniped! She was not stupid!

With such proximity, she could only strike first! Once again, Lin Sanjiu threw the cards in her hand toward the duoluozhong. However, it was prepared this time around. It took a step back and swiftly deflected most of the cards with its mouthpart. The single card that it dodge was summoned back toward Lin Sanjiu's hand. However, when she took a look, she could not help but silently swear.

Of all things, the remaining card had to be a support one that was used in tandem with the razor blades. It was a [Black Cloth] used for obstructing the enemy's line of view. She had finished all the razor blades in her arsenal this round. The razor blades that she used were now on the ground. If she wanted to use them again, she would have to touch them. Otherwise, she had no other method of retrieving them.

Over the course of the past month, she had consciously converted many items into cards. However, in this case, she was only left with various items that were useless in this situation...

Looking at the card in Lin Sanjiu's hand, the duoluozhong merely squinched its remaining eye. It walked to the edge of the car roof and started chuckling menacingly.

Lin Sanjiu expected it to say something, but suddenly, it swung its mouthpart and thrust it toward her. In that instant, she realized that she was too close to the mouthpart. She simply could not evade it if she did not run outward!

Marcie gave a shout of dismay as Lin Sanjiu rolled outward in desperation. She felt a burning sensation on her shoulder. In the end, she was still scratched by the mouthpart, and a bloody wound appeared on her shoulder.

Pressing down on her wounded shoulder, her eyes involuntarily swept toward the building opposite them. She only realized then that she had already rolled away from her cover and was now wide open.

'No! It's too dangerous!' With a single thought, the [Black Cloth] flew up in the air and opened up with a quick whoosh.

Almost at the same time, gunshot sounds rang in the air after that brief silence. Two consecutive shots were fired. Thanks to the distraction brought about by the movement of the black cloth, the sniper lost focus. One of the rays of light created a hole in the ground beside her. Unfortunately, the second shot pierced through Lin Sanjiu's knee in an instant. It hurt so much that she let out a cry of pain. It was impossible for her to stand, so she just laid on the same spot, gasping for air.

"You motherfucker!" Witnessing that scene, Luther could not control himself. He leaped out, holding the police baton in his hand, and shouted as he swung a violent blow toward the duoluozhong.

At the same time, Marcie lunged herself toward where Lin Sanjiu was lying. She planned to pull Lin Sanjiu to safety. The latter was just lying defenselessly on the ground. With one more ray of light, it would certainly be the end for Lin Sanjiu. However, just as Marcie grabbed her hand, preparing to drag her behind the car, the sniper rifle rang out again.