75: Your Fate Depends on Sugoroku (4)

Rain intertwined with white steam continuously fell from the sky like silver threads. The water droplets turned to steam the moment they reached the ground, adding to the already thick white fog around them. The Red Team stood surrounded by fog, and in that instant, they really hoped that they misheard those words because their ears were filled with water.

"The White Team gets to move three steps forward?" Chen Fan was the first to leap up. If it weren't for Mr. Dot, he would have rushed up, grabbed Lin Sanjiu, and shaken her till she came to her senses. "What's that woman doing? Why'd she let the White Team move three steps!"

With the exception of B. Rabbit, the other members of the Red Team had the same disgruntled expressions. As if to rub salt in the wound, the young man from the White Team took three steps forward quickly. After that, he paused and deliberately turned to Lin Sanjiu and the Red Team, showing them his beaming face. He pointed to Lin Sanjiu and said something then shook his head as if lamenting at her stupidity.

While the Red Team was bewildered and angered by the outcome, Mr. Dot spoke just at the right time, "What a pity! Who would have guessed that the strategy from the Red Team contestant failed!

"Let me explain to everyone as to what happened. The contestant from the Red Team made a request to speak to the contestant from the White Team. She wanted them to cooperate for the next turn so that they wouldn't just move one step per turn, as it was obvious that it was just detrimental to both parties. She argued that it was better for them to duel as soon as possible than to drag on and suffer more losses.

"The contestant from the White Team agreed after hearing her proposal and told her that he would call for three squares. However, the contestant from the White Team broke his promise and only called for one square while the contestant from the Red Team complied with their agreement and called for three squares. As a result, we got to see this discrepancy."

After Mr. Dot finished his explanation, Zhong Junkai's face grew red with anger. He glared at the young man from the White Team and shouted, "Mr. Dot, isn't there any sort of punishment for such an agreement violation?"

"Even though it is morally wrong, it's not in the rules," both teams heard Mr. Dot's reply loud and clear.

"What... But that's cheating..." Zhong Junkai was about to rush over to protest, but his girlfriend held his hand. With some doubt, he turned and looked at the others. He noticed their darkened expressions.

Old Wang clicked his tongue as he commented softly, "That Miss Lin looks cold-blooded, but she actually turned out to be a naive woman. It was a good suggestion, but can't she see that this isn't the right occasion?!"

"That's right," Chen Fan added. "She was just asking to be cheated! It would have been embarrassing if that bastard didn't take the chance to backstab her."

Zhong Junkai's eyes widened and he was dumbfounded. After a few seconds, he turned to look at his girlfriend.

"Please don't confront Mr. Dot. What would I do if something happened to you..." Lara Lian pleaded quietly. Her words were like a breeze that instantly extinguished the flames of his fury. He looked at everyone for a moment and finally sighed, saying nothing. B. Rabbit was resting at a side with his eyes closed. He did open his eyes to take a glance but quickly closed them, as if he was falling asleep.

As if knowing that their conversations had ended, Mr. Dot spoke again, "The contestant from the White Team advanced three steps. He reached a lottery booth, bought a lottery ticket, and won a treasure chest. White Team contestant, do you wish to open this chest?" The young man replied gleefully, and everyone could tell that he said, "Yes."

"Congratulations, you've received +2 points! However, due to the Witch's Curse, you only receive 1 point... And now your score is -1 points."

Even though he only received 1 point, it was already a great surprise to him — the young man had not expected his choice to bring him this much luck. A broad smile immediately surfaced on his face, and his expression relaxed considerably.