79: Meeting at the Crossroads (2)

"F*ck!"

"Good!"

The black screen had risen once again so the two teams could only see the platform floating in mid-air. Just two minutes after the duel began, two vastly different exclamations erupted from the teams — under the cheers of the White Team and the curses from the Red Team — the outcome of the duel in mid-air had been decided!

Lara Lian fell off the slate platform with a pallid face. Propping herself, she coughed a few times violently but was unable to stand up even after some time.

"Wasn't that a little too fast? No matter how weak Miss Lara Lian is, there's no way that she couldn't last for more than two minutes...." Chen Fan's eyes widened as he stared at Hai Tianqing, who was totally uninjured, and he was utterly shocked. Hai Tianqing walked back to the grid behind the screen, looking unperturbed.

On the contrary, Lin Sanjiu was very surprised that Lara Lian could even last for more than a minute. Since she had fought alongside Hai Tianqing in the Oasis, she'd witnessed how powerful he was. During those 30 seconds, he'd managed to turn countless higher-tiered, winged duoluozhongs into mincemeat.

Lara Lian may look dainty, but her combative skills might be better than expected...

When Zhong Junkai saw his girlfriend on the ground, he rushed forward to help her up, forgetting to get permission from Mr. Dot first.

As she held on to her boyfriend's arm, Lara Lian leaned forward and whispered something to him. Since they were too far, no one could tell what she said.

Next, Mr. Dot's voice rang out again: "Red Team contestant, please enter the white fog and hand over your Active Skill."

As if those words had stolen her spine, Lara Lian slid into Zhong Junkai's arms with her face covered in tears. Zhong Junkai wore a face of pity as he consoled her for quite some time. She finally became calmer and stumbled toward the white fog. As the others saw her disappearing into the fog, they slowly lost their sense of security.

"Oh?" Mr. Dot suddenly exclaimed in surprise and continued as though he was having a conversation with someone. "Yes. That's right... No, as long as it's within this pocket dimension, even if it's a corpse... Yes, if the members of the team refuse to comply, they'll be punished."

Even though their view was blocked by the screen, it was apparent to everyone on the Red Team that Mr. Dot was definitely speaking to someone from the White Team.

However, they wondered what the conversation was about and why they were talking about corpses.

They could not hear the questions that the White Team was asking, but they understood from Mr. Dot's reply that things were going to turn ugly.

As uncertainty crept into the faces of the Red Team members, Lara Lian slowly walked out of the fog with a pale complexion. "Thud." She plopped on the ground beside the grid and started sobbing.

Zhong Junkai walked back to D4 and stood there, heavy-hearted.

"What happened?" Chen Fan asked.

"Lara Lian told me that she begged that huge man to show her mercy, but the man didn't care and punched her off the platform." Zhong Junkai stared at the screen with a scowl. "I will definitely get Lara Lian's ability back!"

Chen Fan gave him a few sounds of affirmation while B. Rabbit twitched his ears and hesitantly turned to look at Lin Sanjiu.

She gave him a decisive nod.

"All right, everyone can look at the hints on the ground now!"

"Ding dong." Words appeared on the tiles. Old Wang received a "There's a +1 point in one of the tiles behind you" hint while B. Rabbit had a "There's a -1 point penalty to your left." Whereas Lin Sanjiu, Chen Fan, and Zhong Junkai all got the hint: "There seem to be no points nearby."