29: Discussing Pocket Dimensions and Wiping out the Other Team

'The names of these two people are... strange enough.' Lin Sanjiu roasted them silently in her heart.

"Are you Japanese?" Luther asked Hei Zeji inquisitively, seeming to have forgotten that just moments before they were being threatened by that man.

"What?" the latter replied in an irritated manner, frowning and showing Luther a "what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about?" look.

"Well... Japanese are... how should I put it... It's..."

"Maybe in their world, they adopt a different convention in naming their children? We can't try to comprehend using our past experiences and logic!" Noticing that Hei Zeji's face was becoming darker by the second, Lin Sanjiu deeply feared that Hei Zeji would just grab his katana and slice Luther open if he asked any more questions. She quickly changed the subject. "I just want to ask... what happened to our companion, Voley?"

Just as she finished her question, an intense overbearing murderous intent erupted from Hei Zeji's body. Unprepared, the pressure forced the three of them onto the ground again. Li Zhijun hastily helped the two ladies up. He turned to his companion and complained, "Can you please control your ability!"

Hei Zeji looked displeased, but the overwhelming pressure and the display of strength finally dissipated. Luther, who did not receive any help because he was a dude, stood up by himself and silently dust the dirt off his body.

conversation. He found a seat and sat down lazily. He casually scanned the bus and helped himself to a packet of chocolate cookies. As he started eating, he finally said, "Your friend called Tian Minbo escaped from us."

That caught Lin Sanjiu's attention.

"Honestly speaking, to us, entering this D-level world was something we didn't expect. Upon arriving in this low-level apocalypse world, we actually planned to treat it as a vacation..." Li Zhijun beamed as he pointed to his companion. "However, some time back, this guy somehow developed a sudden compassion. He insisted on saving a man from another pocket dimension. And that man was your Voley."

When he saw the disbelief on everyone's faces, Hei Zeji's face turned even darker.

"Tian Minbo claimed that he admired us and wanted to be our lackey, swearing that he would follow us to his death. It was impossible to get rid of him. He truly seemed rather eager, so I let him follow us for a period of time." Li Zhijun sighed, vexation filling his limpid eyes. "Who would have thought? Once he had grown closer to us, he stole an important item from Zeji when we let our guards down for a moment and escaped in the night."

Hearing this, the three of them were stunned. From their display of power, Li Zhijun and his companion had no reason to lie. That could only mean...

Lin Sanjiu thought about it for a moment and looked at Luther and Marcie, holding back her anger. "He said that he was looking for companions. So, from the start, he planned to use us as his human shields?"

Before the two of them could reply, Li Zhijun responded with his laid-back voice. "I reckon that that was his scheme. He had witnessed how I chased down others so he probably knew that he couldn't go far by himself. He thought that I wouldn't be able to catch him just because he joined a team... He underestimated us... Ha! I can find him even if he enters a pocket dimension."

Marcie ran her fingers through her red hair and asked with a doubtful voice, "Then, where is he now? Why isn't he with us?"

Li Zhijun did not say a word. Instead, he glanced over at his companion.

"It's because of the item he stole," Hei Zeji suddenly said, his gaze cold and vicious. "It's a special item I spent a great deal of effort finding. It allows its user to forcefully break out of a pocket dimension."