72: Your Fate Depends on Sugoroku (1)

"Ding-dong!" The chest opened, revealing its empty base. Lin Sanjiu was stunned. She touched the bottom of the chest, finding it hard to believe that it was totally empty. From what she felt, it was just a normal wooden chest. There was really nothing in it.

'Does this mean that I got an empty chest by chance?'

"Okay, both contestants, please return to your teams after you have collected your prizes!" Mr. Dot's voice suddenly rang out.

Even though Lin Sanjiu was puzzled, she had no choice but to leave. Before she left, she touched the bottom of the chest again. Luckily, Mr. Dot did not seem to notice and didn't say anything. As Lin Sanjiu walked back, she turned to observe the skinny woman on the other side as she walked out of the white fog. The woman was frowning and appeared to be baffled.

When she returned to the red semi-circle, her team members surrounded her and asked her worriedly, "What did you get?"

Lin Sanjiu shook her head, expressing that she did not know. Just then, Mr. Dot aptly made an announcement: "Now I'll announce the prize that each of the teams received... Red Team, congratulations! You received a Chance to 'PASS'. You can skip a task in one of the games if you use this Chance. On the other hand, the White Team isn't that lucky... You have unlocked a 'Witch's curse'. The next time you gain two consecutive points, one point will be deducted."

Apart from Lin Sanjiu and B. Rabbit, the other four members of the Red Team couldn't help letting out sighs of relief. Even though they were still unclear about the situation they were in, their expressions became a little less tense. The penalty that the White Team had received was not that serious, but in a sense, it helped to balance out the scores again.

"Since we're no longer at a disadvantage, I think this could be something good," the pot-bellied man said unexpectedly. His eyes widened, and the corner of his lips revealed a faint gluttonous excitement. "If we win this challenge, we can get someone else's active abilities and items... Don't you find it rather enticing?" The others were quite stunned by the man's frankness.

The brash man licked his lips and looked over at the White Team's members, mumbling, "That's right... That huge man over there looks strong. It'd be great if I could get his ability."

The huge man was undoubtedly Hai Tianqing. Lin Sanjiu, feeling a little uncomfortable about that comment, shot a glance at the brash man. The fair-skinned man showed his disapproval with a bitter smile and quietly said, "Beggar-thy-neighbor? That's..."

His girlfriend tugged his sleeve and consoled softly, "Honey, we didn't set the rules... I'm satisfied as long as we don't lose."

The words that the woman said actually meant the same thing as the other two men, but it was just more tactful. When the other two men heard this, they nodded vehemently and repeated her words. With that, the fair-skinned man couldn't really say anything else, and thus, they came to a consensus within the short exchange of words. Even though they already knew that they were on the same team earlier, it was only now that they felt a slight sense of camaraderie, as they shared a common "enemy". The pot-bellied man offered his thick, pudgy hands as he laughed and said, "My surname is Wood. I used to run a small business... But right now, that's not relevant."

"Boss Wood." The brash man shook his hand. "My surname is Faiman. You can just call me Chen Fan. I'm quite an impulsive person, so I seek your understanding."

"Hey, just call me Old Wang. I ain't a boss or anythin'!" After Old Wang had shaken Chen Fan's hand, he offered his hand to the woman with bangs. No woman in this world would willingly shake his hand. She pulled her wet shirt, which was now partially transparent due to the rain, from her body and hid behind her boyfriend before she replied uneasily, "I'm Lara Lian, and this is my boyfriend, Zhong Junkai."