30: Luther Goes in for the Attack

Luther spent almost an hour walking the distance covered over their 20-minute drive in the last two rounds.

According to Li Zhijun's intel, the duoluozhong would usually pace around the building that it stayed in, looking for people who had wandered away from their groups. However, Luther had already walked a few rounds around the area about 500m away from that particular building, yet he did not even catch a glimpse of any duoluozhong

"It seems like that dude is quite prudent. It's not willing to stray far from the building." Luther heard Lin Sanjiu's pensive voice over the walkie-talkie. "In that case, you can go a little closer. Just remember, you must hide yourself if you spot it. You know what you have to do from there, correct?"

"Uh-huh," Luther replied. "Don't worry! I have the required experience."

"Okay, let's keep in contact."

He switched off and put away the walkie-talkie, then he slowly approached the building where their opponents were located. He activated his Eagle Eye ability to the max so that he could immediately discover anything amiss in the area.

Luther exhaled slowly as his heart raced. The highlight of their battle today was all on him, so he was feeling the mounting pressure.

As he cautiously headed for the building, Luther did not forget even for a second to seek cover each step of the way. If he was spotted by that woman and sniped down even before he found the duoluozhong, it would be such a waste... Thankfully, Luther had learned quite a few stealth techniques during his year in that war-ridden world, so he did this quite skillfully.

The building that harbored the sniper stood out from the rest of the surrounding apartments. Many buildings within the area were still intact. There were quite a few six-story and seven-story residential apartments, and the street that was usually bustling with small shops and business was now dead. Even the dead bodies had already turned to dust.

The silhouette of a man with a long hanging shadow from his face suddenly swung round the corner without any warning, dragging its feet sluggishly. Luther's heart missed a beat and he immediately shrunk backward, hiding behind a sand-covered signboard.

Estimating that the duoluozhong would not be able to hear him from his position, Luther switched on his walkie-talkie.

"I spotted it," he said as quietly as possible. "Xiao Jiu, are you sure that it called that sniper 'his woman' previously?"

"Yes. I am 100% sure of it."

"Okay, then I'll start."

Saying that, Luther locked onto the duoluozhong, which looked rather carefree. 'Girlfriend,' he said silently in his mind. Almost instantaneously, Luther observed that locks of luscious black hair fall over his shoulders like a waterfall. No matter how many times he transformed, each new form was a refreshing experience for him. He reached out to touch his smooth hair and his small, exquisite face. He realized that his hands were now fair and dainty, and he was even wearing an expensive-looking bracelet on his hand.

"I succeeded... Hey, I think this guy's girlfriend is little Ms. Perfect—rich, pampered, and beautiful." Luther chuckled over the walkie-talkie. "She's not bad. She has big boobs, a slim waist, and long hair..."

The two women on the other side of his walkie-talkie scoffed. From the background, he could hear Marcie mumbling about puberty or something. Lin Sanjiu's voice was clear, but she sounded rather exasperated. "Can't you be a little more serious? Alright, get out there... Hey... Law—Li Zhijun, what are you doing?"

A crackling noise followed her shocked voice as if the walkie-talkie had been snatched from her. The next moment, he could hear Li Zhijun shouting sternly over the walkie-talkie, "Don't step out!"