107: Nearing Farewell

The palm-sized white paper crane almost vanished into the sunlight when it flew up into the blue sky. Sayo only noticed it when she heard the buzzing of its wings as it circled down from mid-air.

"The paper crane is back!" she shouted excitedly, stretching out her palm. The paper crane stretched out its wing and landed on her palm as if it was alive. Her sentence caught the attention of Hai Tianqing and the others, who stopped and quickly surrounded her.

"It's finally back. I thought that it was already damaged by the elements out there. It's been nearly two months, I was worried..." Hu Changzai blurted out ruefully, unable to help but feel nervous when he thought of that possibility.

Sayo rolled her eyes at him before leaning against Hai Tianqing's body. She pouted her lips coquettishly as she looked up at him. "Mr. Hai Tianqing, I wonder where your friend is. This type of paper crane usually works extremely fast. It must be due to the distance..."

"Fine! Fine! Play the recording! Quick!" B. Rabbit said as he thumped his hind foot impatiently.

After being separated from Lin Sanjiu for over two months, her companions finally heard her cool, collected voice once again. The paper crane could only record for two minutes. However, what they hadn't expected was for Lin Sanjiu to have used less than half of that time. Her message finished very quickly, leaving them looking at each other, momentarily at a loss of what to do.

"Somewhere very far away? Can't get out? Is she locked up by someone?" Hu Changzai was the first to speak, feeling a little unsettled by her message.

"Locked up? If she is locked up, you really think she could still send this message?! She wouldn't even tell us clearly where she is! She obviously doesn't want us to look for her! She even told us to find a consular officer without her! Bah! Who wants her to come along anyway? She thinks too highly of herself. I'll go to a comfortable apocalypse world without her!" B. Rabbit was furious after he heard the recording, and his veins were definitely popping under his fur.

"Enough. Come on, stop it." Hai Tianqing frowned, trying to ignore Sayo's unrestrained ogling. "I guess wherever Xiao Jiu is, it probably isn't that safe. Or as she mentioned, it's a place where you can enter but not escape, so she doesn't want us to know where she is exactly..."

"That's right." Hu Changzai sighed. "B. Rabbit, if we knew where she was, we would definitely go look for her. If we get trapped there and we have no visas, who knows when we'd be able to meet again once we're sent to random worlds. So just cut it out, we need to think about what we should do next."

"What else can you do?" Sayo interjected. Among the four of them, she was the only one who was in a good mood. She smiled widely as she clung on to Hai Tianqing's arm. "Just as your friend said, we should go get our visas! Once you have a visa, she might be able to look for you in the future..."

Hai Tianqing quickly pulled back his arm and looked at her sternly. "If you continue touching me, you can give up on following us anymore. Our problem here is finding a consular officer."

On top of that, if they actually managed to find a consular officer, Hu Changzai and B. Rabbit couldn't show their faces. Who knew if Puppeteer had already publicized their names and faces? It would be troublesome if someone reported their whereabouts to him.

Sayo chuckled and suddenly said to Hu Changzai and B. Rabbit, "You two can enter my shell."

Even though the beautiful white house was not physically attached to Sayo, it moved forward slowly with Sayo. Once she stopped, the house stopped at the same time some distance away from her.

"Huh, what's going on?" Hu Changzai said as he carried B. Rabbit and entered the house cooperatively.

When she saw the door close behind him, Sayo smiled at Hai Tianqing and whispered, "Mr. Hai Tianqing, you have to reward me." Before he could react, she suddenly raised her arms and shouted, "Mr. Ark! Ms. Meihua!"