89: Goodbye, Pocket Dimension, Now Let's Continue on Our Journey... Huh?

Hai Tianqing rubbed his face. He felt as though he had been dreaming for a very long time. The vague images slowly faded from his mind as he opened his eyes. Appearing a little dazed after waking up, he looked around him and saw three familiar figures.

The warm rain and white fog had dissipated at some unknown point in time, and the stars now shone through the clear night sky. The three figures sat in a circle, with an awkward distance between them. No one could deny the odd but serious atmosphere in the air.

"What are you doing?" Hai Tianqing sat up. When he did this, his temples throbbed painfully. "How did I end up falling asleep here?" He stood up and walked toward his companions. He intuitively felt that something was wrong. His face turned green.

"What happened to my Active ability? Why is my [The glory of a personal trainer] gone?"

Just then, the three figures who'd remained rigid for some time started moving. Hu Changzai slowly turned and looked at him. Hai Tianqing wasn't sure if he was imagining it, but he thought that Hu Changzai seemed rather reluctant...

"Executive Hai, you're awake?" His voice seemed rather forced when he said that. "You don't have to worry. Your ability is with Xiao Jiu. She has some of your special items as well. She'll return them to you soon."

"You mean to tell me that I didn't dream up that weird Challenge?" Hai Tianqing stared at Hu Changzai. His deeply furrowed brows clearly showed his disbelief.

"Yes. That really happened. But it's over."

"What's wrong with your face?" He finally couldn't resist asking.

He could hardly tell Hu Changzai's expression behind all the decorative designs on the glasses-covered man's face. Hu Changzai laughed dryly. The two set of black lines on his face — arranged like the circuits of a motherboard — curved slightly with his smile. The lines led to his neck and extended past his collar. "In the last game, we accidentally ate something called [Versu Poison]. That's why we look like this now..."

Before Hai Tianqing could cast his eyes on the remaining person and rabbit, Lin Sanjiu and B. Rabbit showed him their faces first, as if resigned to their fate.

Lin Sanjiu's slightly upturned cat-like eyes were surrounded by a complicated flowery design. It was as if someone had added a flowery design to a panda's signature black eyes. Even though it was weird, it actually looked all right after a while.

But when Hai Tianqing saw B. Rabbit, he was dumbfounded.

B. Rabbit wore a leather eye patch on one eye while his other eye was covered with smokey eye makeup. He also wore purple lipstick on his lips and a golden ring on his ear. His previous leather collar was missing, instead replaced by a spiked collar. His goth makeup made it even harder to ignore the little pink carrot symbols all over his body.

"This is... novel," Hai Tianqing blurted unconsciously.

The expressions of both humans and lone rabbit instantly fell to the bottom of the valley.

"This is the side effect of consuming [Versu Poison]. A 'decorative' pattern will appear on your face or body." Lin Sanjiu sounded very bitter as she said this. "The designs are determined by the thoughts in your mind at that particular moment."

Hu Changzai looked at both his arms, which were covered with computer circuitry-like designs. "I heard it as face and body... So I'm completely covered with this black pattern."

The goth rabbit did not say a word, but Lin Sanjiu did not spare him. "B. Rabbit's current 'style' is actually from a special item. The carrots are the patterns created by the poison... I have no idea why he would think of some pajamas pattern. But the good thing is that this [Versu Poison] is only temporary. It won't last."