87: The Voting Outcome

Lin Sanjiu never imagined that she would be the first person to be suspected.

"That's why I feel that Xiao Jiu is the most suspicious." Hu Changzai turned his head away from Lin Sanjiu, trying to avoid her eyes. He continued, stammering, "No matter how I look at it, I don't know how she could discover a way to prevent our abilities from being stripped..."

Lin Sanjiu gaped at him then couldn't help but look at both Hai Tianqing and B. Rabbit. Hai Tianqing suddenly focused his attention on the items on the table and started playing with a fork as if he had never seen such cutlery before. Whereas B. Rabbit buried his head in his plate, showing only his furry little backside. "Actually, I find that a little strange too..." he said with a muted tone.

"Now that you brought it up..." Hai Tianqing, who had been silent all this time, finally nodded his head. "I agree. When we were recounting our experiences, she brought up an event which was closest to the time when we entered this pocket dimension."

Hearing this, Lin Sanjiu became so anxious that she felt as if cold sweat would fall from her forehead any minute. "Please don't make such conclusions so quickly! I'm really not Mr. Dot!"

Once she said that, Hu Changzai narrowed his eyes and looked at her carefully before he slowly said, "She's not lying."

Before Lin Sanjiu could let out a sigh of relief, B. Rabbit lifted his pair of black eyes and peered at Hu Changzai suspiciously. "Forget it... Isn't your ability useless right now? Or could it be that you're Mr. Dot? Maybe you said that on purpose so that she would let down her guard and we would acknowledge you at the same time..."

Hu Changzai stood up from his chair worriedly. "What do you mean? If that's so, aren't you even more suspicious? You knew that the food might be poisoned, yet you still chose to eat!"

"Bullshit! That's because I was hungry! Besides, if I really were Mr. Dot, wouldn't I avoid doing that?"

"Well, not necessarily. Maybe you just want to act like you don't care because it's easier to get others to believe you that way..."

"Since you're so experienced, then you're definitely Mr. Dot!"

"Rabbit! How could you accuse him then accuse me? Who do you actually..."

As the squabbling got louder and louder, Hai Tianqing could no longer stand it. "Stop quarreling!" he shouted angrily as he slammed his hand on the table. This shook the silver cutlery and glassware, and a broken wooden placemat fell to the ground.

"You'll speak one at a time! Just point out your suspicion. Don't bring up your baseless conjectures!" Hai Tianqing's voice reverberated through the silent enclosed space, clearly portraying his gruff Northerner nature. "We all want to know who the real Mr. Dot is, so don't get angry or anxious if someone else suspects you! Understood?"

No one said a word. B. Rabbit finally broke the silence after a while. "I thought it over, and I think that it can't be Xiao Jiu. You don't know how many shitheads tried to catch me and eat me up while I'm missing one of my Active abilities. Xiao Jiu was the one who saved me." While he said that, he stroked his own fur. "Mr. Dot would never choose to do such an unrewarding thing."

"If that's so, who is it?" Hu Changzai asked as he scratched his head, perplexed.

Lin Sanjiu stared at him and suddenly said coldly, "Aren't you the one?"

Her words immediately drew everyone's attention. B. Rabbit and Hai Tianqing turned their eyes to Hu Changzai.

"Just now, I was in a hurry to prove that I wasn't Mr. Dot, so I didn't think about it carefully." Lin Sanjiu held her chin as she scrutinized Hu Changzai. She continued with an indifferent expression, "Let's put it that way. If Mr. Dot chose to be anyone other than you, you would immediately discover his identity once he denied being Mr. Dot, correct?"