76: Your Fate Depends on Sugoroku Revealed

The situation suddenly became confusing.

"He can clearly win with the next step, so why would he want to go backward?" This question surfaced in the audience's mind, and many of them couldn't help furrowing their brows. They wondered if they were missing something. The rules were clear enough — the person who reached the finishing point first would get +1 point and the prizes offered by their opponents. And even though the Red Team only had two prizes left, it was a guaranteed reward... If he moved backward, there was a chance he might get bitten by a dog or some other new penalty.

If so, they wondered why the contestant from the White Team looked so regretful.

"For the 14th turn, one step forward for the Red Team and one step forward for the White Team!

'The game has ended'—this was the first thought that appeared in everybody's mind. They would soon know what the outcome was for this weird game. Somehow, for this turn, Mr. Dot had changed the sequence of the announcement, but this was only noticed by Lin Sanjiu and the contestant from the White Team.

With heavy-laden steps and an ashen face, the young man walked onto the square that was labeled "Victory!" On the other hand, Lin Sanjiu took one step forward onto the 14th square. The question mark disappeared, being replaced by a picture of a wallet. "The Red Team contestant found a wallet. She opened it and received one individual prize! The White Team contestant reached the finishing point and received the final reward for the game!"

"The White Team gains +1 point and receives the two remaining prizes offered by the Red Team. Congratulations to the White Team for winning the first game!"

Mr. Dot's words accompanied by a celebratory trumpet tune and sounds of fireworks rang out muffled in the humid arena as if attempting to hype up the atmosphere. However, it was futile. No one from either team looked happy. Both teams gathered in their individual circles and started to discuss with agitated expressions.

When the five members of the Red Team saw Lin Sanjiu exercising her shoulders as she walked back to them, they stood up from their circle, each with different expressions. They approached her, unable to resist questioning her about the situation. "Miss Lin, what just happened?"

"Had I known that you would let the opponent win on purpose because you were afraid to die, I would have—"

"Hey, what's with you? How could you let that chap bluff you twice! You've cost us all our prizes!"

While the others made a racket about the issue, Lin Sanjiu frowned and shoved Chen Fan's finger away from her face before coldly asking, "Are you all idiots?"

"Huh?" Everyone around her was stunned, not expecting words like that from this loser.

Lara Lian glared at her. "Miss Lin, how could you scold others however you like? And what do you mean by that?"

"Did all of you really fail to see something so obvious?" Lin Sanjiu intentionally chose to sound offensive. This drew their attention and made them shut their mouths. She laughed in a mocking tone. "Don't tell me you all still think the goal of the game is to reach the finishing point?"

The others were shocked by her words. After a while, Lara Lian muttered, "What did you just say... But didn't the rules..."

"The rules and introduction to the game are just distractions!" Lin Sanjiu sneered and carried B. Rabbit onto her shoulder. "I realized midway that there were two crucial points in this game."

The four other members kept quiet as she explained. "First, the method of advancing is different from Monopoly. The biggest difference is that it is determined by one's opponent. Therefore, it must be a key point." She paused and then slowly continued, "This must be what you have in mind, right?"