88: What Happened After They Consumed Poison?

Hai Tianqing stared hard at the four votes on the table. A darker and more complex expression overtook his face. It was as if he could not accept that he was the only suspect. The air seemed to stop moving, and the heavy atmosphere weighed over their heads and shoulders. After some time had passed, Hai Tianqing lifted his head suddenly and glared at Lin Sanjiu.

"Eh... I thought I acted really well. How did you find out that it was me?"

He no longer spoke in Hai Tianqing's usual deep voice, but instead, the same voice that they had heard countless times, the voice that came from the white fog. It had a light-hearted, cheerful timbre — that which belonged to Mr. Dot.

"Crash!" There was a loud noise as Hu Changzai suddenly knocked over his own chair and quickly moved multiple steps away from Hai Tianqing, or rather, Mr. Dot. He stood some distance away from the man as fear filled his face. B. Rabbit's fur also flared as he went into a defensive position.

From the start, Mr. Dot was hidden within the white fog. They had only seen his voice and his handwriting, so no one knew what he was. Realizing that he was sitting so closely with them at the same table, each of them couldn't help feeling a little frightened.

"What's wrong? Didn't I already tell you that I'm here in this room?" Mr. Dot was quite unhappy when he saw their reactions and felt rather offended. "You don't need to act so scared!"

Lin Sanjiu had also instinctively shifted her chair away from the table when she heard him speak. Noticing that he did not sound like he would harm them, she asked with some lingering fear in her voice, "Umm... Excuse me, but where is Hai Tianqing?"

"That huge bloke must be sleeping." Even though she was seeing Hai Tianqing's face, the person's tone and way of speaking were totally different. Lin Sanjiu wouldn't be able to adjust to this so quickly if she had not experienced the incident with 12. Mr. Dot propped half his face with one of Hai Tianqing's large palms as he crooked his head and chuckled. "You don't have to worry. I will bring him back at the end of the Challenge."

With his gesture, the others were further convinced that the man in front of them was not Hai Tianqing. Lin Sanjiu hesitated for a moment before quickly shooting a question concerning their life and death. "Which plate was spiked with [Versu Poison]?

If they didn't start eating soon, she and Hu Changzai wouldn't last much longer. "Oh!" Mr. Dot replied as he reached out and knocked on B. Rabbit's dinner plate.

"This one."

B. Rabbit's eyes grew wide as he looked at his own empty plate and then at Mr. Dot's hand. He could only show disbelief as he suddenly shivered and plopped on the table, speechless. In a split second, Lin Sanjiu felt her blood rushing to her head. Not only did B. Rabbit eat the food on that plate, but she and Hu Changzai had also eaten the fish. When she saw B. Rabbit falling, both she and Hu Changzai called out, "Rabbit!" Just as she was about to rush over to take a closer look, Mr. Dot patted B. Rabbit's tummy. The rabbit's two front paws trembled a little.

Hu Changzai and Lin Sanjiu were stunned. B. Rabbit lifted up his confused face and quietly asked, "Am I dead?"

"Hehe. You just lost consciousness for a moment out of shock... Even though [Versu Poison] is indeed a poison, I never said that you would die if you consume it, now did I?" Mr. Dot chortled twice. "I also suggested that you all eat while you discuss... But you wouldn't listen to me. But I've got to hand it to you all. Despite your hunger, you quickly discovered my true identity."

No one replied because after Mr. Dot said the first sentence, Lin Sanjiu and Hu Changzai were already rushing over to their own dinner plates. They removed the cloches, ignoring the knives and forks, and just used their hands to stuff their mouths with food. Both of their mouths were filled with food, and they were completely overwhelmed by the satisfaction that the delicious life-saving food brought them. It was to such a degree that they were in no mood to carefully listen to what Mr. Dot had to say.