Chapter 39: Invitation

Three days just passed after Kazumi's escorting mission and yet she's here again under her disguise as Takahara Ryuugi.

"Are you having another escorting mission again, Master?" Ringo asked.

"No.... it's just that.... all Pillars are to be present today at the Ubuyashiki Estate since the person I escorted came to visit." Kazumi answered.

"I see. Well then, I just hope your friends would know how to play along." Ringo crossed her arms.

"I'm sure they will, please don't worry that much Ringo-san."

After finishing her words, Mei came holding a box.

"What's that Mei-san?" Kazumi asked as she look at the woman walking closer to them.

"It says here on the paper that it's for you." Mei answered as she handed Kazumi the box she's holding.

Kazumi accepted it and slowly opened the box. As she opened it, she saw two guns and a dagger in it. All these three things are very familiar to her. Despite seeing that, her calm smile didn't falter.

"What are those?" Ringo asked as she peeked to see what's in the box.

Right after that, she gritted her teeth and her hands balled into fists. Mei took notice of this and got closer too, to see what made Ringo looked like that.

Mei's eyes widened and she was left speechless. Her expression instantly turned into a frown.

"Ara~, can't they give me a better gift? First a broken hairpin and now two guns and a dagger." Kazumi said as she close the box.
"Calm down you two. Both your fists are turning white now."

Listening to her words and seeing her gentle smile, the two slowly calmed down and sighed. Kazumi handed the box to Ringo.

"Just put it in my room and I'll take care of it once I got back."

Ringo nodded, she and Mei soon bidded Kazumi farewell before she left.

"It seems like danger's just around us, more likely, around Kazumi-sama." Mei said as she accompany Ringo to Kazumi's room.

"They already knew where we are. We should be more aware." Ringo replied.

Mei just nodded before heading to the kitchen to cook for breakfast. She knew exactly just like Ringo, those gifts sent to the estate means something. And the two of them hated it.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

[At the Ubuyashiki Estate....]

The Pillars are now sitting inside their meeting room. They're the only ones there since they're still waiting for their leader and the visitors to arrive.

"Um.... Hasn't anyone noticed?" Mitsuri asked.

The Pillars looked at her with a questioning look.

"Ka-Kazumi-chan's still not yet here. I wonder if she'll be late." Mitsuri answered.

"Yeah, you're right. Maybe she's out on mission." Tengen replied shrugging his shoulders.

"Maybe she's just late! I'm sure she'll come!" Kyojuro said with his lively tone.

Soon enough, they all heard the doors beside them open and showed a slayer. He has a black hair, an eye patch and a loosened hakama pants like Muichiro. Shinobu just smiled while Tengen just sighed. The rest were about to question who the slayer is when Shinobu decided to talk.

"Don't worry everyone, that's Aza-chan." She said pointing at the newly arrived slayer.

"Are you kidding me?!" Sanemi scoffed.