Chapter 69: Trial

Credits to facebook for the pic above, sorry I don't know who the artist is😔😔😔

It has been more than a month since the Pillars have completely ignored and gave Kazumi the cold shoulder, and several days after the death of her siblings/ tsuguko. She doesn't mind that all, as long as they wouldn't drag the others into this. If someone were to be in her position, that person would be hating and ignoring the Pillars too. The reason for her not minding them too is that, they kept on pushing her away and ignoring her. Until today, the day for their annual Pillar meeting.

A lower rank slayer is currently tied in front of the hashiras. Every hashira are present except for Kazumi and Sanemi. He's still unconscious. Shortly, they decided to give the kakushi an order to wake him up.

He has a burgandly hair, a scar on the left side of his forehead and his arms tied back with a rope. A kakushi is currently kneeling beside him, the person who took him there.

"Hey wake up.... wake up!...." The kakushi said.
".... I said wake up! How long do you intend to sleep!" The kakushi continued getting mad.

The boy soon snapped his wine colored eyes open. He was surprised at the people standing right in front of him.

"You are in the presence of the Pillars." The kakushi said looking at the the now conscious boy.

'Pillar? What does that mean? Who are these people? Where am I?'
He asked in his mind now looking confused.

"This is the Demon Slayers Headquarters. And you, Kamado Tanjiro, is about to be put on trial." Shinobu informed the confused looking boy.

"There's no need for a trial! Protecting a demon is clearly against corps rules! Let's just lop off his head along with the demon!" Kyojuro stated ever so lively, the sound of his voice makes it almost as if he's shouting.

"I'll cut off his head flamboyantly! Even the blood splashes will be flamboyant!" Tengen said touching his headband.

'Eeeh? Killing such a cute kid pains me. It's too much.'
Mitsuri exclaimed in her mind blushing.

"Aww.... what pitiful children. How sad. It's a tragedy they were even born." Gyomei stated as his hands are in their usual praying position and tears streaming down his cheeks.

'Those big fluffy clouds up there.... what are they called?'
Muichiro thought as he doze off again looking up.

'Nezuko! Where's Nezuko?! Nezuko! Zenitsu! Inosuke! Murata!'
The boy named Tanjiro called out in his mind as he move his head from side to side looking for his demon sister and friends.

"Forget about him. What are we going to do about Tomioka? Kocho says he violated the corps rules too. What should we do about this? How shall he take responsibility? What price shall he pay? Right now, he's just wandering freely and that gives me a headache." Obanai stated while sitting on a tree branch up a tree as he glance at Giyu standing alone.

'Waaah! Iguro-kun's as serpent-like as ever sitting on top of a tree like that!'
Mitsuri praised mentally.

"There no need for a hard punishment for him, he came willingly." Shinobu replied glancing at Giyu standing away from them.

Giyu stayed silent not even looking at them.

"Give us your explanation now Kamado-kun." Shinobu said looking at Tanjiro.

"Ne.... Nezuko is my...." Tanjiro stuttered coughing.

Shinobu walked closer to him giving him her water gourd with pain relievers. Right after drinking, he continued to talk again.

"Nezuko is my sister! She hasn't eaten any human at all! And she never will! The reason I became a swordsman is to find a cure for her! To bring her back to being a human!" Tanjiro continued.

"Shut up and stop talking nonsense. I don't trust you at all. She's your sister so of course you'll protect her." Obanai said pointing a finger at him and Kaburamaru hissing.

"Aww.... he's possessed by a demon. Let's hurry up and kill him to set him free." Gyomei added, his tears still streaming down his cheeks.

"Please hear me out!" Tanjiro exclaimed.

"This conversation is just going in circles. Never bitten a human and never will? Just words. Show me! Impress me!" Tengen said looking down at the boy.

"Hasn't eaten a single human?"

They all looked at the source of the voice and saw a white haired man with scars around his arms, face and chest holding a box.

"Shinazugawa-sama please put the box down." The kakushi alongside him pleaded.

'He has even more scars than before!'
Mitsuri mentally exclaimed seeing Sanemi arrive.

"Don't be too rash about your actions Shinazugawa-san." Shinobu warned frowning a bit.

'Aah! Shinobu-chan is angry, it's very unusual of her.'
Mitsuri thought looking at Shinobu.

"Amazing! Impressive! To say that she can fight and protect people.... that's incredible! Do you know what we call that?! A demon not eating a single human.... is a mere illusion!" Sanemi exclaimed unsheathing his sword.

As he was about to stab the box, blood dripped down the garden. They saw a hand holding his sword.

"Shinazugawa-san, you shouldn't hurt someone elses sister." Kazumi said grabbing the box strap and jumping towards Tanjiro.

"Ka... Kazu-kun...." Tanjiro muttered looking at Kazumi in disbelief then looking at her hand.

"You pest! Shut up and don't interfere!" Sanemi growled pointing his sword at Kazumi.

Tanjiro noticed the sudden change of mood from the Pillars. He looked at them and they are now glaring at Kazumi, even Mitsuri and especially, Shinobu. He then turned his head to Kazumi and saw nothing but her calm expression and her warm smile.

'What's happening? They seem to be very angry at Kazu-kun.'
Tanjiro thought.

"So the traitor came huh. Just seeing you makes me sick." Obanai spat out glaring daggers at her.

"Well then, I apologize. This is a meeting so obviously, I have to attend." Kazumi replied calmly still smiling.

"You still have the strength to smile I see." Shinobu muttered clenching her fists.

Suddenly, Sanemi charged forward in an attempt to stab the box but then....

*Drip*

.... Kazumi used her left hand again to grab his sword. This time, she moved it up and pointed it at her neck.

"If you're so willing to stab this demon, kill me first Shinazugawa-san." Kazumi gave him a closed eye smile.

Tanjiro's eyes widened at this. While Nezuko's looking sad in her box smelling someone elses blood not coming from her brother. She knew someone's there protecting her too.

"My pleasure then!" Sanemi replied pulling back his sword.

"The Master has arrived!"