Chapter 72: Beyond Convincing

All the Pillars have gathered inside the meeting room, except for a certain someone, Kazumi. Though it saddens Kagaya very much, he has to keep his composure in front of them and smile. It truly saddens him how the bond they all shared just snapped in one single moment, in one single night. He started to talk about their plans on how they could make Muzan show himself and how to deal with his demons, especially the twelve kizukis. They have gathered ideas until at the end of the meeting, Kagaya decided to talk about something.

"Has anyone of you ever tried to visit Kazumi-chan for once?" He asked.

His question made them all quiet. Deafening silence is the only thing present.

"I know that everyone of you have an issue with her."

"It's not just an issue Oyakata-sama." Obanai huffed.
"She killed Mayonaka-san."

"She's a very nice and kind hearted person. Even before everyone of us became Pillars, she took care of us. She was like an older-sister to us." Gyomei said.

"Aiko nee-sama saved her yet she killed her. Nee-sama even thought her to become a slayer but Kazumi killed her." Shinobu muttered out.
"Even if she were to say that Nee-sama turned into a demon and that she has to kill her, that's impossible." She stated.

"How so Shinobu?" Kagaya asked.

"Because Nee-sama, consumes wisteria poison so that demon blood won't work on her. And if ever she got eaten by a demon, that demon would be poisoned too." Shinobu answered.

"So you really don't wanna hear her explanation?"

None of them answered. Kagaya could only sigh at this and look down.

"Did she asked you to convince us to listen to her, Oyakata-sama?" Giyu asked finally opening his mouth.

"No she didn't. This is but my own decision. I am worried for the well being of everyone of you, Giyu." Kagaya answered.
"But if everyone of you don't really wanna listen to her then, I won't be forcing anyone of you. Everyone may dismiss theirselves now."

With that said, they all bowed down and walked out of the estate and to their own ways. The others went on to their missions while the rest went back to their own estates. Without anyone's presence in the the room except for his younger twins and his wife who just arrived, Kagaya sighed and his smile disappeared.

"Are they really beyond convincing?" Amane asked with a worried look.

"I guess.... now I'm even more worried at how things would turn out to be in the future." Kagaya answered with a saddened tone and expression.
"I just really hope things were to clear up between them."

This is his side only his family and Kazumi have seen. The side of him feeling down and lonely without his usual smile. Unlike the others.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Kazumi's now on her way to a certain place. The sun has begun to set, but at least she's rest assured that Ringo has calmed down and won't make her way to Sanemi's place.

As the night falls, she finally arrived at an estate. A hidden estate like that of the Ubuyashikis, hidden within what seemed like a maze of trees, bushes, and grasses. As she arrive, she was greeted by a girl wearing a kakushi uniform with her pink hair tied in a pair of pigtails reaching her shoulders.

"Good evening Master, please come in." The girl greeted with a slight bow.

"Please, enough with the formalities Masako-chan." Kazumi replied.

"I insist! I will keep on treating you formally Master!" She exclaimed.

"*sigh*.... Alright, good evening to you too then."

In this estate, only three kakushis are assigned here. They are the kakushis Kazumi chose herself with Kagaya's permission to serve here.

"Good evening Master!" Another kakushi greeted while holding the clean, newly washed blankets.

"Good evening too!" She greeted back.

Out of all the three, only Masako is the female one. As they walk a little more, Kazumi excused herself and let Masako do her chores. As Kazumi entered a room, there sat a lady wearing a purple floral kimono with a violet obi. Her long black hair reaching her waist is tied in a low ponytail fastened with a butterfly hairpin.

"Good evening Kazumi-chan! I'm glad you came to visit!" She greeted.

"Me too. I see that you're doing just fine." Kazumi replied sitting in front of her.

"How's your day?" The lady asked.

"Fine. There's nothing for you to worry about." Kazumi answered.

Hopefully, the long sleeves of her haori managed to hide her bandaged hand. Not until the lady walked towards her and lifted up her hands.

"See? You're not alright at all." The lady said.

"It's just a scratch there's nothing to be so worried about."

Kazumi kept on trying to convince her that it's just a scratch but the lady still insisted on looking until Kazumi just sighed in defeat. She let the lady unwrap the bandages and look at her hand.

"Is this from a sword?" The lady asked looking at the wound.

"Yeah, but I managed to stop the bleeding so I didn't lose that much."

"Ara~ seems like you're being very careless."

"Indeed, I am."

As the two were having a chat, the doors suddenly snapped open showing another person. He is wearing a demon slayer uniform too and a sword placed on the left side of his waist, his hair tied in a ponytail.

"Good eve—!" he got cut off his greeting when he saw the person inside.
"Kazumi-sama!" He exclaimed his eyes lighted up as he ran to her and hugged her.

"Come on, don't act as if you haven't seen me for a long time." Kazumi said patting the boy's back.

"Well.... two weeks is considered long!" The boy replied.
"But.... unluckily, Kano-kun and Haruna-chan aren't here anymore." He added now having a sad expression.

The lady also sighed and looked sad as she pat the boy's back while Kazumi just gave them a closed eye smile.

"Cheer up, those two wouldn't like it if we were to mourn for them for so long." Kazumi said patting both their heads.

The two just showed a wide smile before nodding. Until the boy noticed Kazumi's wound.

"Who dare do that to you Kazumi-sama?!" The boy asked holding her hand.

"Careful, the wound might bleed." The lady warned.

"It's nothing. Calm down."

"No! Tell me and I'll hit him!" The boy insisted.

After a short time of calming him down, he finally gave up and just let it slip. They were later on called for dinner by a kakushi.

All six of them enjoyed dinner in the dining room sharing short stories and some jokes. Kazumi watched as everyone of them eat happily. It reminded her of how they looked back then when Kano and Haruna were still alive. When instead of six, there were eight of them.

'Guess those two are having their dreams come true now. Having a joyful dinner with their mothers.'