Chapter 97: Miyuki

As they look around, they noticed that it really is the Yamamoto Village only with slight differences. The village has lesser people than the time they came to visit as per Ayato's invitation. While walking, the scene changed again. Now they're inside the same room they entered back then to meet Ayato's parents.

"So, you're Kazumi-chan?" Ayato's mother asked.

"Yes I am, it's a pleasure to meet you my lady and the village chief." Kazumi answered as she bowed down.

"Such a well mannered child. Say, what's your mother's name?" Ayato's father praised.

"Miyuki. My mother's name is Miyuki." Kazumi answered with a smile.

"Can we play now?" Ayato asked looking eager to play with her.

"What an impatient child, alright. Make sure not to put her in trouble." Ayato's father said as he sigh and massage his temples.

"Alright, let's go!" Ayato cheered as he held Kazumi's right wrist and drag her out of the room and to the garden.

"He sure got a lot of energy back then." Shinobu said as she sweatdrop watching him.

"Say Kazumi-chan, how old are you now? You're really short and small." Ayato asked as they watch the koi fishes on the short bridge above the pond.

The same bridge where Touya dragged her to back then.

"I'm four. But I'll be five this year." Kazumi replied.

"F-Four?! Huh?!" Ayato exclaimed as his face turned red.

"Something wrong?"

".... It's just.... it's just that. It's quite embarrassing for me."

"How so?"

"I'm twelve yet I ended up being helped by a four year old child."

'I know I'm the eldest but.... I'm about six or seven when I started selling charcoals back then.'
Tanjiro thought.

"But.... if you're that young, why are you selling wood around the village?" Ayato asked looking concerned.

"Cause my mom can't. I don't want to be a burden to her so I kept on insisting to sell the woods instead of her. You see, I once saw my mother's nose bleeding after coming back from selling woods back then. I'm afraid that.... it might worsen if she kept on working too hard and exhausting herself too much." Kazumi answered as she kept her eyes on the koi fishes underwater.

"I see.... I'm sorry for that." Ayato said with a saddened look.

While they continue to have a chat, three males appeared and ran towards them. All three of them are wearing a white yukata and black hakama pants.

"Hey! Is she your new friend?!" A boy with a brown hair tied in a man bun with blue eyes called.

"Have some manners! That's Minamoto-sama!" A boy with a messy shoulder-length, blue hair and dark-brown eyes exclaimed as he smack the other boy's head.

"Arata! Sunako! Jiro!" Ayato called.

The three walked closer and looked at Kazumi.

"Waaah! She's really cute I wanna pinch her cheeks!" The boy with a black, waist-length hair and light-brown eyes praised looking at Kazumi.

"No you can't, Jiro. She might get hurt." Ayato said.

"A headpat then, is that alright?" The same boy asked.
"You can call me Jiro!" He continued as he pat Kazumi's head.

"Hello Jiro-san, I'm Kazumi."

"I'm Arata!" The boy that got smacked said pointing his thumb to his self.