Chapter 89: Awake

The next day came, Shinjuro and Senjuro went back at the Butterfly Estate. Kyojuro's still unconscious but Tanjiro already managed to wake up and was visited by Zenitsu and Inosuke in his room together with Nezuko inside her box.

"Are you alright now, Tanjiro?" Zenitsu asked.

"Yes I am but, I'm worried about Rengoku-san. How is he?"

"I heard that he's still unconscious. Inosuke and I visited him in his room before coming here."

"I see. At least he's safe now."

"Hey—" Inosuke was suddenly cut off by a knock on their door.

The door soon opened to reveal two people with the same looks as Kyojuro. The one being taller and older, while the other is younger.

"Hello, you must be Kamado Tanjiro." Senjuro greeted.

"I am and you are?"

"I'm Senjuro, the younger brother of the Flame Pillar."

"And I'm Shinjuro, the father of Kyojuro and the former Flame Pillar."

The trio's mouths went agape seeing another former Pillar. It's rare to see a former Pillar still alive like the Masters of Zenitsu and Tanjiro.

"N-Nice to meet you!" Tanjiro said giving them a slight bow.

"I'm Agatsuma Zenitsu and this here..." Zenitsu said pointing at Inosuke.
".... he's Hashibira Inosuke."

Inosuke couldn't even talk nor challenge the man in front of him. He could feel Shinjuro's intense aura, if he challenge him he'll surely lose so he just shut up.

"We're here to ask you about how my son's mission went. I would like to know the fight between him and the demon." Shinjuro said.

Zenitsu and Inosuke looked at each other before looking at Tanjiro. He just gave the both of them a nod before the two walked out silently carrying Nezuko's box. Now, only the three of them are left alone.

"About the fight, I'm sorry I wasn't able to help Rengoku-san that he received such fatal injuries." Tanjiro apologized as he bowed his head.

Shinjuro then looked at his earrings and got shocked.

"Kid...." he said that made Tanjiro raise his head and look at him.
"Are you perhaps a practitioner of the Sun Breathing? Those earrings...."

Tanjiro got surprised at his question. He blinked twice before he could get the idea.

'Sun Breathing? That must be Hinokami Kagura.'

"It's a powerful breathing since it's the first one. All the other breathings were just branched out of it. Are you using it?" Shinjuro explained.

"I'm sorry but, my family are just charcoal makers. I don't have any idea about the Sun Breathing but only Hinokami Kagura, a dance taught to our family." Tanjiro answered respectfully.
"That's why I sought Rengoku-san for answers about it. He too doesn't have any idea about the Hinokami Kagura."

"Then, maybe we could read something from the old books and journals of the former Flame Pillars in our family." Senjuro suggested.
"Like the one you often read father."

"Maybe. But for now, we should wait for this boy to recover and for your brother to wake up before we get to know that fully." Shinjuro said before shifting his gaze to Tanjiro.

Tanjiro smiled brightly as he nod in agreement.

"Now explain to us about the fight." Shinjuro continued.

"Well, the fight wasn't easy at all. The demon who's known as upper moon three, Akaza, appeared out of nowhere. After he attempted attacking me, he then tried to convince Rengoku-san to become a demon. But he don't want to. They fought up until Rengoku-san received those fatal injuries. Despite that, he still fought Akaza and used his final move. I thought is was all over, but no. He nearly died if not for Kazu-kun cutting Akaza's arm." Tanjiro explained.

"Kazu? You mean Kazumi?" Shinjuro asked.

"Yes, he did that. Akaza attempted an attack again but Kazu-kun already pulled Rengoku-san back. But...."

"But?" Senjuro immediately asked.

".... Akaza ran away even when I manage to impale him with my sword. Even Kazu-kun.... went after him.... I-I don't know if he did or he just left." Tanjiro answered looking confused.

"I see...." Shinjuro replied.

Senjuro now looked worried. Not only for his brother but also for Kazumi.

"Once he wakes up and is able to go out. I'll try to convince him to go to the Frost Estate." Shinjuro continued.

"Frost Estate? Where is that?" Tanjiro asked with dotted eyes.

"Kazumi-chan's place." Senjuro answered.

"Eh?! Is that his Master's place?" Tanjiro asked surprised.

"No. Kazumi-chan is a Pillar and a girl not a boy. As expected, she didn't tell you anything at all." Senjuro answered.

"HUH?!!!"

'Unbelievable! All this time I thought Kazu-kun is just too cute to be boy yet he's really a girl?! And a Pillar?!'

"B-But, she looks so young to be a Pillar." Tanjiro pointed out.

"I know, but what can we do? She is a Pillar." Senjuro said.

"Then.... um.... since you are Rengoku-san's father. Do you know anything about the Hinokami Kagura?" Tanjiro asked hesitantly while looking at Shinjuro embarrassed.

"I too have no idea about that, but I could feel that the Sun Breathing and the Hinokami Kagura you are talking about is only one. Me and Senjuro will try to search about it from the books of our ancestors while waiting for Kyojuro to wake up." Shinjuro answered.

Tanjiro breathed in and out, relieved that he's in good terms with Kyojuro's father. But he's still surprised hearing about Kazumi being not only a girl but also a Pillar.

"We'll leave now to let you rest." Shinjuro said as him and Senjuro walked out of the room. After going out, they went to Kyojuro's room.

"Father, can we really convince aniue to go to the Frost Estate?" Senjuro asked.

"Probably. After all, Kazumi saved him. I'm sure we'll be able to convince him." Shinjuro answered as he look at the still unconscious Kyojuro.

"And I hope the others will be able to go there with us."

[Three days later....]

     Tanjiro could already walk around the estate but he's still required to take a lot of rest and not to exhaust his self that much. Kyojuro also already managed to wake up but he's still prohibited to walk around that much so he's just on his bed. Shinobu even scolded him when he tried to go outside just minutes after waking up.

"Come on Kocho! It's just a walk outside!" He said in his usual lively tone.

"Try to get out of bed and I swear I'll knock you down for a week or so." Shinobu replied a dark aura surrounding her as she still have her smile.

Kyojuro sweatdropped and just gave her a nod before Shinobu left him. His father and brother's with him. As they were having a chat, Kyojuro remembered something.

"Father, has Tanjiro already told you about that Hinokami Kagura he wanted to ask?" Kyojuro asked.

"Yes. Me and Senjuro tried to review some of the old books and journals our ancestors left behind while waiting for you to wake up. We're still processing the informations we got." Shinjuro answered.

"I see, thank you. And sorry, seems like I got myself injured and slept for days that you guys have to do it without me." Kyojuro said scratching his nape.

"Don't be sorry aniue! We're happy that you're awake now." Senjuro replied reassuring Kyojuro.
"Now father tell him."

"Tell me what?" Kyojuro asked looking confused as he look at his father.

"Can you perhaps go to the Frost Estate with us once you've recovered?"