Closer

"Hey, 'sup, Amazon?"

"W-what are you doing here?"

Jennie was surprised. On the back of her head, she never thought that she'd be relieved to hear someone call her Amazon at the moment.

"I was about to ask you the same thing," said Lisa, taking a sip from the bottle she's holding.

"Are you following me?"

"Excuse me, following you? I should be the one asking you that."

Realizing what Lisa said, Jennie played the handkerchief with her hands. "H-how long have you been here?"

"An hour ago, before you came running here like a lost child."

"Oh, I didn't notice you earlier."

Apparently, Lisa was wearing a black hooded jacket and black Bermuda shorts, making her unnoticeable in the dark. "I figured that out, don't worry."

Jennie didn't say anything. Her mind was flying. A minute ago, she was worried if Lisa would be spending the night with Rosé -- she's not sure why she's worried in the first place -- and now she feels relieved to see Lisa just in front of her boozing on a liquor.

Without any warning, Lisa gently threw a small towel on Jennie's face, making the latter frown. "Dry yourself up, you're a mess."

Jennie stared at the towel first, then to Lisa. Being nice to me, huh?

"Don't worry. I haven't use that one yet, princess."

"Ooh.. Thanks.." Jennie couldn't understand why the endearment sounded sweeter this time. "So, what are you doing here alone?"

"Just thinking about some random stuff. You?"

"I was on the phone with my mom before it rained."

"Ahhh."

"I, uh, I thought you were gonna be with Rosé tonight."

Lisa gave her a confused look. "In your room?"

"Yup."

"What am I gonna do in your room then?"

"Well... You know, Rosé giving you a real hickey?"

Lisa was about to drink from the bottle but she stopped. "Seriously? Do you really think I'd do that?"

Jennie nodded. She lied.

"What? Are you kidding me? I won't do something like that, at least not with a random person," said Lisa, slightly panicking.

"Well... I thought you and Rosé were..."

"We're what?"

"I don't know... Flirting?"

Lisa burst out laughing. "C'mon, Jennie, seriously? Do you really think of me like that?"

Jennie nodded hesitantly. "W-weren't you?"

"Jennie, the last time I checked, the term 'being nice' is not synonymous with 'flirting'."

"You can't blame me," said Jennie, scratching her itchy arm. "You're too nice to Rosé, well, to all your fan girls actually. I thought you're just playing with everyone."

"Well, can't I be nice to people who are nice to me too?"

Jennie pouted her lips, mentally agreeing to what Lisa is trying to point out. "I guess you could say that." She sat on the table with her back facing Lisa. "Sorry."

"For?"

"I'm sorry for having that kind of impression on you."

"No worries." Lisa took another sip from the bottle. "Were you thinking that I was flirting with you too?"