Interns

After two more weeks, February has finally arrived. Their office is now filled with heart and Cupid designs hanging from the main door entrance, the walls, and some on the ceiling.

"What are you girls bringing on the 14th?" asked Suho, cutting his cupid as neatly as he can. Rosé and Jennie are helping him design their bays.

"Of course, chocolates," said Rosé, dropping her scissors on her table to take a look at the finished cupid she'd made.

"Chocolates? Whom are you gonna give it to?" asked Suho. "To be honest, there are no guys here worthy of chocolates except for Kai."

"You have a point, Suho. But I will still give chocolates to all my male friends here in the office, especially you.." said Rosé, giving Suho a seductive look.

"Ew, Rosé! Gross! I wouldn't do that to you! Yuck!"

"What do you want me to give you then, flowers? That would be awkward." said Rosé laughing.

"No need, Rosé. My Valentine's is warm this year. I have a boyfriend who will buy me flowers for that day." said Suho proudly.

"Well, FYI, I'm not single myself so I wouldn't be lonely too."

Rosé and Suho then realized that there's still another person in the area who's listening to them while busy cutting her cupid.

"What?" Jennie stopped cutting when she felt that Rosé and Suho were looking at her.

"You still don't have a boyfriend, Jennie, do you?" asked Suho, dragging his swivel chair closer to Jennie.

"Nope. Is there a problem with that?" asked Jennie.

"Mm, no, but I'm a bit worried about you, sweetie."

"I'm not lonely, Suho, if that's what you want to know."

"Why are you still single anyway?"

Jennie sighed. This is the time of the year when everyone is always asking her about her status. "It's my choice."

"We're just wondering," said Suho, glancing at Rosé quickly and going back to Jennie, "I've known you for more than two years now and you never had a date in any of those Valentine's before."

"Suho, you know Jennie isn't the type of person who'll say yes to any suitors, right? It's not like no one has invited her." said Rosé.

"I'm just curious, why is it that none of your past suitors were good enough for you?" asked Suho.

"I just haven't found the right one yet, Suho. I don't want to rush into things," said Jennie, going back to cutting her cupid.

"What if the right one had already passed but you missed your chance because you're too naive?"

Jennie dropped her hands on her lap. "Naive? I don't think so."

"Or what if the right one is already there but you just won't admit it to yourself?" Rosé butted, reminding Jennie of the conversation they had last time.

Suho turned to Rosé, surprised. "Wow! Is it true, Rosé? There is someone special?"

Jennie shot Rosé a death glare while Suho wasn't looking.

"It's nothing, Suho. I was just teasing her," said Rosé, getting the message. "By the way, who do you think is gonna get the most chocolates and flowers this time?"

"For the girls, I'd still root for Jennie." Suho answered immediately. "Everyone knows she's still single, that adds up to the excitement."

"Why are you two talking like it's some kind of competition?" asked Jennie. "It doesn't matter who gets more. It's all about expression of care or appreciation towards another, right?"