Setup

Jennie has been zoning out after that call from Lisa. She's both excited and worried. She wants to clarify the real deal between them but at the same time, she's worried, afraid that the talk will lead them to the crossing line.

She's scared because she knows she won't be able to hold herself back any longer. And what would happen if her mom finds out? Will she hide it? She knows there's no way her mom would accept something like that.

In the middle of her musing, Jennie noticed an unfamiliar black car parked in front of their gate.

Mom has a visitor? Oh, wait, was that the reason for the sudden restaurant dinner?

"I can smell a new suitor here," said Jennie, kissing her mom who met her right away when she entered the gate.

"Sshh, lower your voice. I met a new client this morning and we're going out with him for dinner," her mom said, pulling Jennie inside.

"We? Why do I still have to come along with you guys? You don't need a chaperone to watch over you."

"No more questions." The older lady pushed Jennie into the house. "You look okay with your attire so you entertain him first while I go get dressed, okay?"

"Sure." Jennie couldn't help but feel more excited for her mom. She shook her head as she watched the older lady strode upstairs.

She seems excited about this date, huh.

She looked around the area and noticed a tall and slender image standing in their living room. The guy's back was facing her. He's busy looking at the picture frames, an opportunity that Jennie didn't pass to observe him a little more. He's wearing white long sleeve polo and black fitted slacks, a coat over one arm.

I must admit that back really looks handsome. I'm glad that mom still has a good taste in men.

The sound of her healed shoes tapping across the tiled floor made the guest turned around. "Hey," he said.

Jennie's mouth fell agape when she found herself staring at those familiar full eyes. "T-taehyung?"

"Uh, y-yeah. What's with the shocked face?" he asked with a smile.

Jennie immediately took her eyes away from him. "Uh... I'm surprised to see you here..."

"I was surprised to see your mom too earlier."

"W-where did you guys meet?"

"We're about to hire them for their service. I was the one tasked to go to the meeting," said Taehyung, putting a hand inside his pocket. "We met and had a little catching up. Then she asked me if I have a date tonight, I said no, that's when she invited me out."

"Ahhh."

So that's the reason for the sudden reservation. But wait a minute, she said she had reserved for two only, right?

As if on cue, her mom went down and told them, "Hey kids, mind if you go alone tonight? I'm having a terrible headache."

Jennie rolled her eyes. Ugh, mom!

"Are you going to be alright if we leave you alone?" asked Taehyung. "We can just cancel the dinner so Jennie here could look after you."

Jennie blushed a little hearing Taehyung call her name. She never used hearing him calling her that way. She remembered Hanbin and him calling her Tiny when they were younger.

"No, I'm gonna be fine, son." The older lady waved a hand. She went over to Jennie and winked, pretending to fix her daughter's collar. "You two enjoy yourselves, for now, okay?"