Missed

"Were you the one who just called Lisa?"

Although the question was intended for Jennie to answer, Lisa knew that she needs to say something too. Somi had the notion that the one calling her earlier was her girlfriend.

Lisa shifted her eyes to Jennie who's as speechless as her. She doesn't know if she hallucinating or not, but Jennie's eyes were focused on her and Somi's linked arms.

"Yes," said Jennie, before Lisa could even speak up.

Lisa felt Somi's grip on her arm tightened. The three of them, including Bam, are now staring at Jennie. It might not be that obvious but Lisa was the most surprised of them all. Answering Somi's question like that could make the kid think that they are really an item.

"Yes, Somi, I was the one who called her." Jennie confirmed further.

Somi look confused. "So you're the one Lisa is supposed to go out with today?"

Lisa swallowed something in her throat. Krystal said that if Jennie will pretend to be her girlfriend again, it only means that she likes her.

"Yes," came Jennie's response.

Somi looked back and forth to Lisa and Jennie, slowly removing her arm from Lisa.

"We're supposed to talk about our new project," said Jennie in her authoritative tone. "It's not like what you're thinking, Somi. It's a business meeting, not a date."

"Oh, I'm sorry," said Somi, bowing her head.

Lisa was a bit disappointed but felt relieved as well because they could get rid of the intern now.

"But if it's about a task can I still tag along so I could learn more, Ms. Jennie?" Somi who seemed to have found another way to include herself in, asked them.

Lisa brought a hand to her nape. Damnit! This kid doesn't really know when to give up.

Jennie walked towards them. "Sure. But on one condition... we should bring along Bam too."

"Me?" asked Bam, taking out both his hands from his pockets.

"Yes," Jennie answered, still in her bossy aura. "You're an intern too, right? You'll get something out of this so you should tag along."

"Oh, okay."

Lisa frowned and puff her cheeks.

Great. My date has been totally ruined.

----

Lisa is disappointed. She's been missing Jennie so much that she mustered all the courage to finally ask the girl out. It is also her way of gauging if something is wrong with the two of them, or if something has really changed.

Although she has no plans of confessing, Lisa was hoping that the night would end like how their nights ended in Gampo: full of laughter, teasing, and just pure sweetness. However, all of those expectations are far from what's currently happening. Instead of waiting alone in her car for Jennie, they are now walking together in the parking area along with two chaperones.

She felt heartsick when she saw Somi walking ahead of them, obviously aiming for the front seat.

Lisa was punching her own thigh due to frustration.

Oh, please, what could be worse? Having two chaperones with us while my supposed-to-be-date will be sitting at the back? Damn, I so hate this day!

Just as she thought, when she unlocked the car with her remote, Somi grabbed the knob to the front seat.

"Back seat," said Jennie, approaching the car. "You better sit beside Bam."