Drunk

"Guys... I said... I can walk on my own... No need to carry me... Let go of me... Now...! Jennie commanded. Lisa and Kai were assisting her to walk, her arms draped around their shoulders.

As what Jisoo has told them, the drink tasted like an ice-cold chocolate drink. Everyone enjoyed it, especially Jennie who kept on filling her glass as if she was not aware that it's a mixture of alcohol and other stuff. After an hour she became talkative which lead them to think that she's drank and decided to take her home.

Rosé, on the other hand, was having a good time with the bar owner. Jisoo volunteered to drive the lady home later by herself.

"Yeah, you could walk on your own," said Lisa, trying her best to carry Jennie,  "but you keep stumbling, you know?"

"It's because... It's because... I can't feel my legs.."

Lisa adjusted Jennie's arms on her shoulder. "If you were feeling something strange about your legs earlier then why did you drink a lot?"

Jennie tilted her head to Lisa and drew her face closer before smiling. "Because.... it tastes... sooooo.... goooood..."

Lisa heaved a sigh. Even so, she can't help but wonder how Jennie can still be so cute even when drunk. She might not have admitted it before but she's getting fond of this little girl day by day.

"Lisa.." said Kai. He's tipsy but is not as drunk as Jennie. "How far more is it..? I... I don't remember where we.. parked the car..."

"We're close, Kai. We're now in the parking lot."

"Oh, good. My house is.. is just around the corner. You'd have to drop me off firs.. then you make sure.. to.. drop Jennie in her house, okay..?"

"Yeah, I'll do that."

"Thanks, man."

Lisa smiled to herself. This is the first time she had gotten out for a drink after a year of abstinence. It's undeniable that her source of joy that night is the wasted lady they are carrying now. It just pleases her to know more things about Jennie. It makes her feel closer to her. She volunteered to drive them home because she doesn't want to leave Jennie alone with Kai.

Jennie keeps talking about random stuff while they walk to the parking lot. Upon reaching the car, they assisted her in the back seat. Kai sat beside Lisa in front. They drove immediately and reached Kai's home first.

Jennie looked at the window when she felt the car stopped. She squinted her eyes, observing the house in front of her. "So.. this is.. your place...?"

"Yes, Jennie." said Kai, getting of the car.

Jennie frowned and pouted her lips. "It doesn't look like a happy house to me..."

Lisa and Kai laughed. "Let her be. She's drunk," said Lisa, looking at the passenger behind.

Kai placed his hands on the rolled down car window. "Thanks, Lisa. I'm too dizzy right now. I should be the one accompanying her home."

"No worries. I enjoyed tonight by the way."

"Me too. I'll see you on Monday. Just ask Jennie where her address is, okay?" Kai pulled himself backward and waved goodbye.

"Will do, sir!" Lisa gestured a salute and stepped on the accelerator.

Her familiar car looks like a different world now. Jennie is on the back seat and Lisa feels like her night had just started. She can see Jennie from the rear-view mirror looking out the window.

"Jennie...?"

Jennie turned her attention to the caller and leaned forward to rest an arm against the back of the seat. "Yes, honey?"