Lunch

Wednesday

Lisa has been busy with tennis stuff these past few days. She has to attend practice every after office because there is an upcoming internal club competition in two weeks. Fortunately for her, Jennie is also busy doing some errands for her mom. They've mutually agreed to postpone their talk next month.

It was after a tennis practice one day when Lisa's friend, Wendy, approached her. "You done there, buddy?"

"Yup, almost," said Lisa, putting the racket inside her bag.

"Why don't we grab some ice cold coffee first before we head home?"

Lisa checked her watch. "I say why don't we get a dinner instead? It's past 7 o'clock."

Before she could answer, Wendy turn her attention to the footsteps coming her way. "Hey," she said to the approaching person.

The girl wrapped her arms around Wendy. "What's taking you so long? Don't tell me you two are still putting on make-up?"

Wendy and Lisa laughed at that. "Wendy is still busy trying to look pretty for you, Joy," said Lisa.

Joy turned to her girlfriend and pouted her lips. "Awww, but honestly darling, you're better off handsome than pretty."

Wendy laughed again. "And who says I'd like to wear makeup? It feels so itchy," she said grimacing.

Joy buried her face on Wendy's neck and mumbled. "I'm hungry now, Wends."

Wendy sighed and rubbed Joy's back. She turned to Lisa. "You're right, we really should get some dinner or else this baby will turn into Chucky later on."

"Wendy!" Joy exclaimed, slapping her girlfriend's arm.

----

They went to the nearest mall restaurant in the area and ordered some Chinese foods.

"So, how are you guys with the practice?" asked Joy.

"Good. I think I got the best teammate here," said Wendy.

Lisa elbowed Wendy. "You're too humble. She's way a lot better than me, Joy."

Joy just giggled at that. The lovers were still teasing each other when a passerby couple caught Lisa's attention. It was just a simple glance but she had to take a second look because there's something about the girl that made her curious. That's when she realized who the girl is.

What the ---

She could not be mistaken. It is Jennie walking along with a tall guy.

Although they could be mistaken for a couple, the two were just plainly talking while walking. Lisa observed the two until they disappear from her sight. She felt relieved that Jennie didn't do anything physical like clinging to him or what. They were not even sweet and Jennie's hands were glued to the strap of her bag.

Could be her friend?

Lisa creased her forehead in anxiety. For a second there she suddenly felt insecure, worried that there is a possibility that someone will take away Jennie soon.

The next day, everything was normal. Jennie was in her sweet mode towards Lisa the entire day. Lisa didn't bother to mention what she saw yesterday because she doesn't want to sound like a jealous girlfriend.

We're still the same. It was just probably a friend.

----

It was Friday noon when Jennie, Rosé and Suho decided to go out for lunch. The guard approached them when they were about to head to the lift.