Serendipity

December 31st - Taiwan

Lisa is strolling around the streets of Taipei that cold morning, a coffee on one hand. She always loved the feeling of the wind breeze during that season. Her dad is currently busy with a client meeting --- which she wondered why it happened on the 31st --- so she made up excuses to go out.

Sigh. I'm terribly missing you now.

It's been two days since she last saw Jennie. Waiting for another two more days before she could see the woman's beautiful face again feels like hell. After her realization days ago, Lisa had accepted the fact that what she's feeling now is one-sided. She's not expecting anything from Jennie --- at least for now --- because she's contented with their little friendship.

Although she feels she has some importance in Jennie too, Lisa doesn't want to keep her hopes up. She is truly aware that Jennie's affection for her is pent within the barriers of friendship. The best Lisa could hope for is for Jennie to stay single while she's being hopeless romantic, or until she finds someone to channel the love she's feeling now. Hopefully, Jennie will not meet her Mr. Right yet so Lisa wouldn't have to endure the pain of seeing the woman with somebody else.

After walking for quite a while Lisa decided to take a break. She sat on a bench near a lamppost while sipping her coffee. She got the view of Taipei 101 in front of her.

Lisa could only simper when Jennie came into her mind once again. After admitting to herself that she had completely fallen in love with that petite lady, her thoughts have been in auto-pilot mode. Jennie is consistently on her mind, literally like every single minute of the day, even when asleep.

I wonder, is she thinking of me now?

The idea made Lisa giggled. It seems impossible but if ever that's the case, even just a tiny chance, then she'll be on cloud nine.

"Well, hello there, stranger. Do you have company?"

Before Lisa can take another sip of her coffee, someone called her attention. She looked up and saw a person pointing at the vacant space beside her. The woman has a long hazelnut hair with wavy ends. She's wearing a suspender skirt strap dress and a white off-shoulder blouse. Lisa shook her head without taking her eyes off the stranger.

Who would say no to this type of beauty?

"Thanks!" The woman sat beside Lisa.

Lisa gestured a "you're welcome" bow. Although the stranger has a friendly aura, Lisa isn't in the mood for little talk now. Unfortunately, seeing this woman made Lisa miss Jennie even more. That woman and Jennie have somehow the same fashion style; the hair, the dress, the shoes, except for the height that Jennie had seemed to lack.

"Oooh, it's really cold today, huh?" The woman spoke again, rubbing her palms against her arms.

Since it's just the two of them on that bench, Lisa knew that question was intended for her. "Y-yeah, that's what I love about this season."

"You don't seem from here," said the woman, crossing her legs. The friendly aura and the cheerful mood that hangs around her is something welcoming for a stranger. "Where are you from?"

"Bangkok, but I work and live in Korea, you?"

"Really? Where in Korea?"

Lisa was a bit confused by the woman's reaction. "Seoul?" It turned out to a question instead of a statement.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I live in Hongdae, I own a flower shop there! The woman exclaimed, smiling.