Family

"I always knew that our meeting in Taipei wasn't by accident. We were really meant to meet there for some reasons," said Krystal, pointing a finger at the receipt in front of her.

Lisa looked down carefully at the paper and signed on it. "Whatever, serendipity lover."

Krystal playfully hit her in her arm. "Yah! You wouldn't get Jennie if it wasn't for me, right?"

"And you wouldn't have met Kai if I didn't invite you to the party, right? I know what's your pointing out, Krys. Why are you being so nostalgic?"

"It's because today is my second anniversary of being together with Kai! Have you forgotten that?"

"Oh? Is it really today?" Lisa glanced at her watch to check the date. "Wow. How time really flies, huh? So, are you two going out later or what?"

"We're going on vacation for three days!" Krystal excitedly exclaimed.

"Ah, yeah? Where this time?"

"Singapore."

"So, you're really over Taipei now?"

"Taipei will always have a special place in my heart, Lisa," said Krystal, smiling faintly. "But yeah, I have to move on someday, right?"

"And you've got the right to be happy."

"Exactly."

Lisa stared at Krystal, realizing how special their friendship had become through the years. "I'm happy you're with Kai now, Krys. That dude is a real nice guy."

"You're just saying that because Kai and Jennie didn't end up together."

"You're probably right," said Lisa, chuckling.

"Oh, by the way, Kai kept on complaining how their department got boring since you left them."

"Oh, come on." Lisa slapped her palm on the counter. "I quit my job almost two years ago and he hasn't adapted to it yet?"

"Maybe he just misses you?"

"Or maybe he just misses my visitors before? Aw!" Lisa earned herself a slap from Krystal.

"Kai isn't as flirty as you, Lisa, hmp!"

"He's just good in hiding it," Lisa retorted, rubbing her cheek.

Krystal glared at her.

Unaffected by the glare, Lisa casually leaned her elbows on the counter. "Let's hangout sometime; you and Kai, me and Jennie."

"Sounds good! I think we should do it at least once a month. I rarely see you now after you opened your studio."

Lisa sighed at that. "Yeah, I've been really busy. Dad's putting more pressure on it."

"But at least you know that your business is in good hands, right?"

"Yeah..." Lisa shrugged. "At least I'm doing now what I really wanted to do since then." She felt her phone vibrated in her pocket and checked on it. "Alright. The queen has already texted me. I need to go now."

Krystal raised an eyebrow. "Queen?"

Lisa chuckled. "Jennie's mom. She said Jennie's in my apartment now and wants me to surprise her."

"Wow. Finally in good terms with your 'in-law', huh?"

"We're getting there, Krys, slowly but surely. Besides, loves conquers all, right?"

Krystal grimaced immediately. "Ew! Corny!"

"Oh, come on! Let me be!"

"Just shut up and take your flowers now," said Krystal, handling Lisa the bouquet she ordered. "What's with those, by the way? I bet you've done something to piss Jennie again, huh?"