Girlfriend

What's this? What is she doing?

Lisa was undeniably shocked to see Jennie came out from nowhere. Even so, Jennie's presence gave her momentary solace. She was on her verge of falling from the cliff when Jennie came in to save her.

Jennie noticed Lisa's confusion. She held Lisa's face with her left hand. "Honey, are you okay?"

Honey? Me? Is this really happening?

Lisa peeked at Irene for a second just to see that the latter was a bit surprised too with Jennie's sudden appearance. Her eyes went back to Jennie. "H-how did you know I'm here?"

"I was looking for you and noticed that your IM status was idle, so I asked Kai," said Jennie, interwining their hands.

Lisa loved the warmth of Jennie's hand on hers but the situation she's in right now doesn't permit her to enjoy it. Lisa turned her face to Irene. "Uh, Irene, this is ---"

"Jennie, right?" Irene's eyes is on Jennie. After getting a nod she shifted her eyes back to Lisa. "Have you forgotten your girlfriend and I have already met?"

Lisa's jaw dropped. The term girlfriend is too much for her to take. "Uh, yeah. I forgot, I'm sorry."

"Lisa has been forgetful lately because she's too busy," said Jennie, brushing a stray hair from Lisa's eyes. "Right, honey?"

Lisa felt Jennie squeeze her hand, asking her to ride along. "Yeah.. yeah."

"So, Irene, what do you think of Lisa's haircut now?" asked Jennie.

Irene studied her old friend for a moment and nodded. "It looks good on her, yeah." Then she turned to Lisa and asked, "Decided to finally cut your hair short?"

"Well.. it's her request," said Lisa, pointing at her girlfriend.

"Ahhh." Is all that Irene could utter. Her Expression was unreadable.

"Um, Irene, could you excuse us for a while? Jennie and I need to talk outside for a moment," said Lisa. She felt that she needs to discuss with Jennie about what's happening now.

"Sure. We'll just be right here."

Lisa smiled and dragged Jennie along outside the room.

----

The moment they were outside Lisa released Jennie's hand slowly. She wouldn't have done it but she doesn't want to give the slightest hint that she enjoys it.

"Are you alright?" asked Jennie, grasping her small hands on Lisa's shoulders.

Lisa evaluated herself for a second. "I think... I think I'm okay, yes."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm cool."

Jennie dropped her hands to her side. "Okay, that's good to hear."

"H-how did you know I'm here again?" Asked Lisa, still confused.

"I was looking for you because I needed to hand over the materials from Suho. Kai told me you're here."

"Umm.. are you, are you aware that Irene is here?"

Jennie hummed to agree. "I saw Irene's picture on the outline Kai showed me."

Lisa furrowed her eyebrows.

Okay, so she went here because of that?

As if she could read what's on Lisa's mind, Jennie folded her arms on her chest and said, "I went here because I was worried. I was afraid that you'll be distracted if you saw them. It might affect you. It might affect your work. You lost the ability to speak the last time Irene showed up in your apartment."