Chapter 1

Diamond

The birds sang happily by the tree beside my room. I buried myself deeper in my bed as I realized what day today was.

Today was my 20th birthday and the day I would finally be engaged to Adrian my childhood friend.

We were both expected to be King and Queen after my parents. Roland  De Holmes II and Violet De Holmes. The king and Queen of our Kingdom,INNOCENTIA.  Weird name for a kingdom but it was still what we used.

I wasn't ready to be engaged,unlike most girls my age I wanted to travel outside INNOCENTIA,to see what the other world was like.

I sighed as I got up and entered the bathroom,not waiting for my personal maid Anna to come for me. Another thing I didn't want. I wanted to be alone always and have normal friends just like I had read about the outside world.

My parents home schooled me for the Royal's line but I wanted to learn more.

Like how children came out of married couples. I was never taught. I had never spoken to any man before except my cousins.
Silas and Drummond. And Adrian.  I hardly saw them unless we were having a ball or a celebration.

After running my bath,I slipped into my green ballroom dress and combed my hair. Anna came in.

" Princess ,I'm really sorry for the delay,the Queen sent orders for you to wear your red gown and get ready since the guests will be arriving soon"
I nodded and smiled at her.

Anna was the only person I had gotten close to as a friend. All the girls my age were always shy of me. Even Anna was still shy around me.

****
A few minutes later and fully dressed ,I walked out of my room into the main huge corridors of the palace. I walked gracefully to my favorite part of the palace. The library.

I walked straight to my favorite book and picked it up. It was a world book. The book where I learnt about every continent in this world. I was fascinated with USA,I doubt anyone in INNOCENTIA knew that place.

Suddenly I remembered my father's promise that I could ask for anything I want on my 20th birthday. I already knew what I would wish for.

I was buried in book ,lost in it's wonders when the library door cracked open.

" Princess Diamond" It was Adrian.

" Prince Adrian" I acknowledge and let out my hand for him to kiss. I smiled lightly.

" The celebrations are about to start,shall we?"

" Yes"

I hooked my arm in his and we walked slightly into the large ballroom.
The place had been decorated with my favourite colour. Blue . My name was written boldly on a banner which read;
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS DIAMOND

I smiled and Adrian stared at me gracefully.

" Happy birthday princess" My mother and father said in unision and hugged me.

Kings and Queens of neighboring kingdoms were invited and I was introduced to all of them.

" Shall I have this dance" Adrian asked me. I nodded as he took my hands in his and we began to dance.

Not that Adrain wasn't handsome. He was handsome, he had blonde hair with deep green eyes. A sharp jawline and the most incredible smile, I just didn't feel the connection.

Finally it was time for the big announcement.

I rushed over to my father and whispered in his ear. I took the podium and the whole place became silent.

" A few years ago ,my father made a promise to me that I could wish for anything I liked when I am 20 years...."

I braced myself.

" Well today Dad,I wish to be allowed to leave the kingdom for a year"

An uproar of silent murmurs erupted and I saw my mum glaring at me.

" Diamond,meet me in the study now!" My father requested and I followed him.

" What is all this nonsense about" he inquired as my mom moved to stand by him.

I'm in deep trouble.

Hey so I'm back again.

If this is your first time reading my well then Hello.

I will introduce you to my books in the next chapter.

So what do you think of this chapter??

Read
Vote
comment