Chapter 3

Diamond

" What nonsense are you talking about" my father spat out at me and I smiled nervously.

" I'm just asking you to postpone the ceremony with Adrian,I promise I'll come back ,I just want to see how the world is"

" Diamond the outside world is not what you are picturing,life out of this kingdom is worthless"

" Please,you made this promise to me"

" I'm sorry but I can't allow you to do this"

I got up slightly and curtsied. I moved away from the study. I clenched my dress in my hands and ran to my room.

Before I got to the door a hand stopped me.

" Princess,is it true?" Adrian asked and I nodded.

" I can't marry you now Adrian" I blurted before entering my room .

*********

I walked slowly to the balcony. The life of a princess was so boring. You have people to do everything for you.

I went back inside and slipped out again. I passed the back and appeared at  the orchard. My real place of fantasy.

I removed my shoes and twirled around in the soft glass. I let out a bemused cry as I realized that I won't be able to do what I want. My father had betrayed his promise.

" Diamond" My father called out as he moved closer at me. He signalled to his guards to leave.

" Your mother and I have agreed that you can visit any place you want...if you follow our rules"

I bowed my head.

" You will come back after a year ,which means  you have exactly one year to figure yourself out before you get married to Adrian"

I sighed and I nodded.

" You are not to reveal your identity to anyone"

" Thank you father" I smiled at him.

Words cannot describe my happiness. I ran barefooted to my room.

" Anna! Anna!"

She came out later.

" I'm finally going" I shouted.

" I'm so happy for you my Princess"

I smiled gratefully at her. A year of freedom.

*************

I zipped the last of my suitcase as the servants carried it out to the waiting carriage.

" Be a good girl "

" Yes,mother " I curtsied and they each hugged me.

Adrian was out on some business so he wasn't here to wish me farewell. I sent a message through Anna for him.

I sat in the carriage as the Coachman drove off. The last image I saw was of my parents waving at me.

The feeling of being alone with no one to watch over me was so overwhelming.

***********

The town I had chosen to live in was beautiful. I saw it as the ship neared it's docks.

I smiled as I heard the ship's horn blast off.

Before I could move,some men pushed me in haste and I fell off. I regained my composure.

There was a lot of confusion as the men argued back and forth. I didn't know what was going on till I heard a gunshot. I freaked out.

A horrible looking man appeared in front of the men and moved towards the passengers,his gaze was practically on me. I flinched.

I straightened my crimson long dress as he gazed at me.

" Take all of them as hostage,leave the blue eyed girl" he shouted and pointed at me.

Oh no!

Before I could protest another gun went off and I realized another group of guys had arrived. The city life was really dangerous.

I took the opportunity to drag my things out of the ship and walked stealthily away.

It wasn't long before I bumped into a wall!!!

No wait it was someone's chest.

I stared up into the bluest eyes ever . More than mine. It held anger and rudeness. He had unruly brown hair and a three sided dimple. I felt a tingle between my knees.

Wait what was that.

He stared back at me in shock.

" Who the Fuck is this"He roared.

Okay so what do you think of this.???

Read
Vote
Comment
Share.