Chapter 12

Travis

Darwin was my rival,he had been my rival since high school. We were always competing on the number of girls we would get.

Seeing him with Diamond, looked so innocent and not thinking twice about his perverted thoughts made me usually angry.

I tucked her into the bed after whispering that I'm sorry.

I closed the door and moved straight to my mini bar. I couldn't help what I was feeling when I came close to her. It was some kind of connection,I couldn't explain. Her blue eyes were still haunting me to wonder where I know her from.

Not knowing what i was doing,I had downed about five bottles. I knew the rest won't be coming anytime soon, they were probably stuck making out somewhere.

My eyes became hazy as I dropped my head on the counter.

After a few minutes,I felt someone dragging me up the stairs. I found myself thrown on the bed but I didn't know who.

" Why would you pass  out" Diamond's voice echoed in my head and I smiled.

" Stay with me" I slurred.

I felt someone cuddle up to me,I fell asleep.

The next morning.
I woke up to find myself hugging a pillow. Wait! Pillows don't breathe.

I squinted my eyes to find Diamond looking at me. She was so beautiful even early in the morning.

" I...uh.... you asked me to stay with you yesterday,I'm sorry"

" Don't worry,I was passed out too" I told her and we both smiled. My heart!

" I think I'll go now" she said. She got up and left.

I groaned. We could stay like that for all I care.

Russ entered smiling.
" So ........."

" Nothing happened " I threw a pillow at him and he smiled.

He moved over to sit on my bed.

" You better let me win my bet"

" Which bet?"

He smirked" you'll see"," so how come you guys came home early,Darwin?"

I clenched my jaw." Yeah, I didn't want his filthy hands all over her,if I don't deserve her then he doesn't"

" Stop lying to yourself and let her in"

" How would you know she likes me, she's so innocent and she doesn't seem to show any emotions, she doesn't deserve me,I rugged and bad"

" She's shy,Travis,start making your move" he smiled sadly.

" Okay let do this,I'll try to get close to her okay,if she's happy I'll go along with it" I assured and he smiled.

" You'll thank me later, you know I love you right?"

I rolled my eyes. Russ was always the emotional one. When I first met him,he was the one to speak with me first and even accepted me as his brother. I did love him but I wouldn't tell him that.

I rolled my eyes.
" So are we supposed to hug and cry like girls" I asked and he chuckled.
" Do me a favor and make your move on Joan too" I said and he smiled.

He smiled and got up to leave.

" Russ" he turned.

" I also.....cherish you as my brother" he laughed.

" What's your problem with saying 'love' " he left me with an amused smile on my face.

I showered and got dressed.

Hudson hadn't striked  for a week now so everything was downstairs relaxing.

Diamond was sitting with Ken who was teaching her how to use a phone. She had tied her hair up in a pony tail. She wore shorts and a pink top today.

I groaned inwardly,this is what happens when you let Tamina dress her up,I won't be surprised if she started wearing bikini around the house. Yeah Tamina was a great influence.

If Ken didn't love Regina I would have been weirdly jealous of how close they were and how she was smiling.

" Don't be......." Joan came over and whispered in my ear. So she read my facial expression. She smirked at me.

Diamond raised her head and smiled when she saw me.

" Have you eaten?" I asked.

" I was waiting for you" she answered. Somehow her comment made me blush. Fred winked at me..

She followed me to the kitchen.
" Why didn't you eat first?"

" Well,we were the last people to wake up and when I came down the rest had already eaten,I figured I would wait for you" she replied and for the hundreth time this morning ,I smiled.

I placed pancakes in plates for us and she began to eat. I could see her struggling to use her hands to eat.

" Want to use fork and knife?" She shook her head.
I kept watching her eat, wondering why I found it so cute. I've never looked at a girl twice.

Well except Tamina in bikini. Fred would kill me but I won't tell him that.

" Won't you eat?"

" I will,just wanted to see you eat" I replied.

She came to sit by me and took the pancakes from my plate and held it to my mouth.

" What are you doing?" I mused.
" Feeding you of course,you seem pretty tired from last night so I want to help you"

I shook my head.
" No Diamond I'm okay" her face fell.

An amused smile came to her lips.

" Well,I'm willing to forgive you for hurting my wrist if you let me feed you "

I wanted to protest but her smirk still stayed.
" Fine"

She squealed and began feeding me.

Some of the food fell off and we laughed it off.

" Is this the Travis I know" Ken freaked when they all stumbled into the question.

Diamond giggled and I scowled.
" Awwwwww that's so cute" the girls shouted

" How come you've never fed me before?" Fred asked Tamina and she shot me an exasperated look.

" Yeah me too" Ken asked Regina.

" Come on guys,it's just........." I didn't even know what to say.

Diamond was still giggling.

" Are you in love?" Ken asked and somehow the question made me happy,hurt,angry and confused.

" No" I growled and left the kitchen.

In love with Diamond?

****

😊😊