Chapter 6

Diamond

Never in my entire 20 years of living had I woken up with a man by my side.

Wait! Did we do what couples do?. I looked down. My dress was intact.

He woke up groggily and smirked at me.

"What are you doing on my bed"

" Well,I was checking around the house and when I happened to enter your room you were on the floor, I picked you up and placed you on the bed but you held on to me to stay with you,I couldn't deny" he explained and I nodded.

" Aren't you two just cute" Russ barged in and i buried my head in embarrassment.

" Get the fuck out of here" Travis threw a pillow at him.

" Shower up and come downstairs for breakfast " Travis got up to leave but I tugged his shirt. Unintentionally he turned and fell on me, his lips almost inches apart from mine.

His eyes searched mine and I lowered my gaze.

He pulled back and averted his gaze.
" What did you want"

" What is the meaning of Fuck and Damn"

He looked astonished.
" They're just words you use when you are angry, disappointed or confused" he stammered before leaving.

I watched his retreating back and smiled. What was he doing to me.

****
" Morning sunshine" Ken greeted me from the kitchen as I entered. The rest were sitting around the counter, waiting for their food. Travis was on his phone.

" Good morning" I sang out.

They all replied.
" How was your night" Joan wiggled her eyebrows at me and Travis threw her a look they could kill.

" Come with me, Diamond,we need to learn a few things" Tamina pulled me up and gestured for Regina and Joan to follow.

" Why can't we listen" Fred mused and Tamina blew him an airy kiss.

We sat down in the living room.

" So how was it?" Regina asked.

" What?"
" Sleeping with Travis" Tamina answered.

Wait did they......

" We didn't....do anything......he just slept by me....my first time actually" I mumbled.

" So you're a .......    " Regina couldn't continue.

" I will kill him if he tries anything" Tamina said and I laughed.

We went back to the kitchen to eat in silence.

" We just heard of a kidnapping scene at 45 street downwards" Fred said and the rest nodded. What were they even talking about.

" We move this afternoon"
Travis announced.

" What about Diamond"Russ enquired.

" You'll stay here and not go out okay" Travis turned to me and I nodded. His eyes lingering more than usual.

******

The rest had been gone for like five  hours now. The house was so creepy without them. I fell asleep as soon as they left.

I walked downstairs,but a noise at the far end of the corridor scared me. I moved steadily to the place. The scent of burning flesh hit me as I opened the door slowly.

What I saw made me gasp. A man was tied up with a rope and was hanging upside down. Part of his face was burnt and he had tears all over his eyes. His dress was torn into shreds.

Travis and the rest were standing there laughing. How could they be laughing at someone suffering.

" Tell us who sent you " Fred asked the man and pulled out a thing from the fire. It was red at the ends. When the man didn't answer,he tugged it to his body and the man screamed in pain..

" Who the fuck sent you to kidnap those children"Tamina went over and slapped him.

The faces they had worn in the morning was gone. Replaced with anger and cruelty. Travis had this burning desire as he glared at the man. I shook with fright. The realization that they could do the same thing to me hit me as I turned to flee.

I wasn't lucky, my hand hit the door and they turned. I took no chances as I slipped downstairs and ran out of the house. I took the direction of the woods .

I could feel them hot on my trail. These people were murderers.

Read
Vote
Comment
Share