Epilogue

I was awoken by a painful jolt to my ribs, disrupting my restless sleep. It was a shame to be disturbed so early in the morning, the sun haven't even begun to rise, and I knew I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep. Once one kick started, more would follow.

"Why did you have to be such an early riser." I groaned in a whisper, a hand on my stomach to feel another kick, as if he were responding to me. "Let Mama have some sleep." I received another kick in protest. "You are going to be a stubborn one, aren't you?" I poked my stomach back in retaliation.

Sighing, I turned over on my side, rather than getting out of bed. The lucky bastard, my husband, still slept peacefully. I could kick him in times like this, where I was sleep deprived or in a cranky mood due to the hormones. He was the one who got me pregnant yet I was the one to suffer alone?

Though, I couldn't go through with it as he was a great husband who served my any wants and or needs. He rubbed my back when it was sore, massaged my feet when they were swollen, comforted me, cared for me, loved me. He's done more then I could have ever asked for. Besides, he was sleep deprived as well, having stayed up all night due to an emergency surgery on a client.

Even though he only just got his degree a few years back, he already has a strong and vast client base. Last nights weren't new, neither were busy days where is seemed impossible that he would spend any time with me, yet he always found a way to. Whether it were to stay up late or get up earlier, he always made sure to find a few minutes for me, which I deeply appreciated.

However, on free days, like today, his time was all mine. Well, our family. Both of our sons were Mama's boys but loved to spend time with their father, to do 'boy things', as they claimed. Now that I was pregnant again, I couldn't do all the things they wished I could do, which allowed Maverick to bond with his boys even more. The three of them enjoyed their time alone with each other, as I also enjoyed my time alone with the boys.

Reaching my hand out, I stroked his cheek, the sharp stubble on his chin scratching at my skin. Even with the dark circles under his eyes, he was still as beautiful as I the day I first saw him. His kindness was what first drew me to him but I couldn't deny that his face and his sculpted body didn't play a part either.

Smiling at my tease, I moved my hand to sooth his bed head, scratching his scalp the way he liked. I was only playing, his heart was all the convincing I needed. He was gentle, kind and thoughtful. He was there when I needed him and knew exactly what I needed. He was the most beautiful person, inside and out.

He stirred at my touch, letting out a deep sigh. Eyes still closed, his arm sneakily wrapped around my waist and pulled me towards him, to which I let out a laugh. After several playful kisses, he finally held me to him in a long, sensual kiss that always made my knees weak.

"Good morning, Love." He finally opened his eyes, revealing the hazelnut color that I just melted over. He glanced at the window behind me, noticing that the sky was still dark. "What are you doing up so early?"

"Baby number three has desired it was a great time to kick my ribs." He moved his hand to my stomach in time to feel another kick, a smile working it's way to his lips. My hand came to cover his. "He's never going to let me sleep."

"She," He corrected me, "is going to be as stubborn as you."

"We're still fighting over this when you know I'm right?" I raised an eyebrow at him and he leaned up to place his head on his hand, looking down at me.

"You, my dear, are wrong this time." He rubbed his thumb cover my abdomen.

"You don't think I don't know the gender of the baby that is inside my body?" I teased him. "I was right about the other two and besides," I leaned up to meet his gaze. "your prone to having boys in the family."

"This ones a girl. You just have to trust me." He booped my nose.

"No, you just hope it's a girl."

"Of course." He agreed. "Although, I won't be upset if it is a boy, as long as it is healthy."

"Nor will I if it's a girl as long as she's healthy." I agreed. "But it's not." I laughed, trying to get out of bed, only for him to stop me with his strong, yet gentle hold on my waist.

"You're going to get it now." He playfully growled, gently pinning me to the bed. I grinned up at him, only to be capture in another, passionate kiss, one that lasted for several long minutes.

It was here that I found a family that welcomed me with open arms. It was here that I found my beautiful husband, Maverick. Here that I got to make our family, watching as it continued to grow and expand happily.

It was here that I found the peace that long for, for so long long. Here that I found the family I so desperately craved to have. It was here that I found my solace. It was in my family, in my husband, in my kids. It was in the land, in the air, everywhere I looked.

All because I found my horse, Solace. He found solace in me, so he led me to mine.

Although I hate to admit it, he was right. It was a girl.

And she was as stubborn as I expected.