1 ⚔️ Adora

After we had finally defeated the Horde, I awoke from my first restful sleep in months. That wasn't the only perk, of course, because I was right beside Catra. She purred in her sleep, which caused my heart to skip a beat. How was it possible for one being to be so adorable? Of course, if Catra even knew I was thinking such a thing, she would probably get her claws out. I began to hear some people talking outside my room and figured that it was probably Bow and Glimmer, so I went to speak with them. Catra remained peacefully asleep. 

Once I left my room, I found Bow and Glimmer outside of it. We had relocated back to Glimmer's palace after the battle with Horde Prime. Of course, a lot of the building had been destroyed in the battle but we had managed to restore most of it. We were The Best Friend Squad, after all! Nothing could stop us, especially now that we had a new member. I had come up with ideas for how we could fix up the place, too, given that I had managed to fix my sword and could still transform into She-ra when needed, I had used the strength of the seven-foot-tall warrior princess that I could become to help us out. 

"Hi best friend squad member number three!" Bow said. 

"Bow," Glimmer said, as she shot him a look. 

"What is it?" I asked, as I raised an eyebrow. 

"You're not squad member number three," Glimmer said, as her eyes glanced to me momentarily. 

"Sure she is! I'm best friend squad number one, you're squad number two because you're my girlfriend and Adora is-" 

"Can you guys shut up?" Catra asked, as she left our room. Her eyes widened slightly then, as the words escaped her lips and she quickly gave her eyes a rub before she replied. "Sorry, guys...I can just get crabby when I'm tired," Catra stated. She really didn't need to tell us that twice. Like I had said before, when Catra became disturbed, she would occasionally get the claws out, both figuratively and literally.  

"We'll keep it down," I assured her. 

Catra glanced at me and her eyes warmed slightly then, as her lips curled up at one of the corners. 

"Thanks, cutie," Catra said, before returning to our room. 

"You can't let Catra find out that she's squad number four according to Bow's system. She'll claw him," I whispered. 

Catra left her room again for a moment and all of our eyes widened. Had she heard us? 

"Goodnight, guys," Catra said. 

"Night Catra," I replied, as I naturally smiled back at her. 

Bow seemed to observe the serious expression upon my face, before he gave a nod. 

"Alright then. We won't tell Catra," he said. 

"We won't tell Catra what?" Scorpia asked, as she was not at all keeping her voice down. 

The three of us looked towards her and she quickly caught on. 

"Oh, sorry," she said, as she lowered her voice to a whisper. 

Scorpia had always been taller but she looked taller now, for some reason. I supposed that I had spent so much time as She-ra lately that I hadn't realised just how small I was by comparison. 

"We won't tell Catra what?" she asked again. 

"I'm squad number one, anyway. I founded the squad," Glimmer said. 

"Well actually, I kind of did," I argued. 

"But Bow and I were already friends before you arrived," Glimmer said. 

I couldn't really argue with that one. 

"Anyway, it doesn't matter now. We're all equally amazing members of the best friend squad and everything is going to be just fine!" Glimmer said enthusiastically, before a loud bang could be sounded from outside of the palace. "Probably," she added, as a sheepish smile formed on her face. She ran her hands over her face and through her bubblegum pink hair. "Ugh...what was that?" she asked, with irritation evident in her voice. 

"I don't know," I said, as I began to head away from them, "But I'm going to find out." 

I rushed down the hall before the others could even catch up with me, and soon came to a halt when Perfuma left her room. 

"Adora? Is everything okay?" she asked me, as she moved a hand through her long blonde hair. Her eyes flickered with realisation then, "Something's going on, isn't it?" she asked me. 

"How would you even know that?" I asked her, as I continued on down the hallway. 

"I just had an inkling,"  Perfuma said, "Plus I've been having some weird nightmares the past few evenings, but that might be due to me eating the palace chocolate." 

In any other situation, I might have laughed at that but this was different. My stomach twisted at that weird noise we had heard. 

"Let's just  keep going but...we should probably keep our voice down. We don't want to wake up Catra," I said. 

I was surprised that she had slept through the noise from outside and not our conversation, in all honesty, but Catra was an interesting being. 

"Right, right," Perfuma said, as she followed me down the hallway until we came to the main palace entrance. 

Once we glanced outside, into the moonlit grasslands, though, there was absolutely nothing in sight. At least, nothing of interest. Swift Wind was sleeping peacefully and that was all that could be said on that front. 

I sighed and made my way back inside. 

"Perhaps we all just overreacted..." I said. 

"Maybe you were just being over-imaginative. I know that I can be," Perfuma said, as her expression misted over with thoughtfulness. 

Scorpia wandered over to me then and picked me up into one of her hugs. I really did have to get used to those. 

She placed me back down on the ground after a beat and then gave me a look-over. 

"Are you alright?" she asked me, "Were there any weird beings out there? I can fight them! I will do what I must-" 

"Scorpia, I couldn't see anyone there. It's fine," I said. 

As I went quiet for a moment, Scorpia and Perfuma looked towards each other with expressions of concern present on their faces. 

"Maybe you're just worrying because of what happened with Horde Prime," Perfuma suggested. 

That really had shaken me up and although I knew that things were alright again now, I couldn't help but feel on edge every so often. 

"Maybe," I said, but I couldn't shake off what I had heard, even when I began to make my way back to bed.