49 ⚔️ Adora

As Hordak passed by Catra, she smirked at him. 

"I would say it's good to see you again, old friend, but I'm not entirely sure I mean that," she said. 

I just gave her a look. 

"Come on, Catra. We need all the help we can get," I said. 

"No," Catra replied, "No, we don't, Adora. We have this. I have this. You just...need to believe in me." 

I placed a hand gently on her shoulder, then. 

"And I do believe you, Catra, but we've got to do this," I told her. 

Catra sighed, as her eyes flickered with some anxiety. 

"Fine," she said. 

"We should go back out there," Mermista said, as she wandered over to the two of us. 

I felt my eyes widen at her. 

"Now?" I asked. 

"Well, yeah," Mermista said, as she folded her arms in front of her chest. She went on when she observed our expressions of curiosity. "I mean, Silver is out there and we still need to put a stop to him," she said. 

I nodded.

"Spontaneous trip to the forest! Yay!" she said, in an attempt to hype us all up. 

Catra purred under her breath. 

"Whatever. Let's just get this over with. Again," she said. 

"I'll stay here with Hordak!" Entrapta called out to us, "He and I are going to spend some quality time together...you know, rewiring the robots." 

I gave a nod, as I glanced towards Catra again to find that she was already making her way down the hall. 

Bow met me with an expression of sympathy, as I looked towards him for a second. 

I just smiled back at him. 

"We should get going," I said, then, "Are you guys coming?" I asked. 

"Are you kidding?" Glimmer asked, as she took a step towards me to take my hand in hers, "Of course, we are, Adora." 

I took a deep breath, then. I knew we could do this. Once and for all. 

"Honestly, you're one of my greatest friends. I'm not about to let you do this all by yourself, especially not when I know that you would do everything you could to look out for me too," Glimmer assured me, as her violet eyes sparkled with optimism. 

I nodded and began to wander down the hall, as Bow and Glimmer followed suit. 

We found Catra at the doorway of the palace. 

"Sorry," she said, as she wandered over to me to hold my hand again, "I promised I would stick by you. I wasn't intending on just disappearing," she assured me. 

I smiled at that and just wrapped my arms around her. 

"We can do this, Catra," I whispered to her, "I know we can," I said, before taking a step back again. 

Catra's expression became a little gentler. 

"Of course, we can," Perfuma said, as she and Scorpia joined us. "I know you guys have been worried but I know that you can do this!" she added, with a smile. "I mean, you guys have already saved the world before! I just know you can do it again!" she said. 

Scorpia grinned. 

"Of course, we can," Scorpia said, "I want to help in any way that I can!" she said. 

Catra and I smiled at her appreciatively, then and then it was time to move on. 

We left the palace with our cloaks. I had a feeling that it was going to rain again, soon enough. The sky was back to looking dreary again. 

"I think we should stay together," Catra said. 

"Well, I say we split up," Glimmer said, as she glanced towards her, "That way we'll be able to defeat him from different directions and won't end up dead-ended," Glimmer added. 

Catra's eyes narrowed slightly, then. 

"We already know that doesn't work," Catra said, "We need to stick together." 

Glimmer sighed. 

"Okay, Catra, Scorpia, Perfuma and I will stick together and Bow, Glimmer, you two can keep lookout. Glimmer...do you think you'll be able to use your powers?" I asked her. 

Glimmer considered my question for a moment and then exhaled with slight nervousness. 

"I don't know, Adora. It's kind of been a while," she said but then sighed, "But I can try." 

Glimmer's eyes then fluttered closed, as slight shadows appeared underneath her eyes, and she seemed to focus hard until she puffed away for a couple of seconds and then puffed away again. 

"Okay...I've got this!" she said enthusiastically, as Bow collected her up into a hug. 

"Great. Go team," Catra said. 

We all glanced towards her then. 

"What? I wasn't being sarcastic. I meant it. Go team. Let's do this," she said, as she placed her hand out. 

I then placed my hand on top of hers, and Glimmer placed a hand over mine. Soon enough, Bow, Scorpia and Perfuma joined our circle, too. 

 "You guys can trust me, alright? We're going to do this, for Etheria, once and for all," I promised them. 

They all smiled back at me, then, and nodded in agreement. 

"This is a bit of a change from the usual schedule but...I know we can do this," Perfuma said, as her eyes filled with warmth, "I believe in us!" she added. 

"Of course, we can. And I believe in you, Perfuma. We've got this," Scorpia said kindly. 

The two of them met gazes for a moment and smiled warmly at each other. 

Shortly after that, we made our way into the forest and I looked towards the others with a charismatic smile. 

Catra grabbed my arm, then, so I turned to her. 

"What is it? Are you okay?" I asked her. 

Catra nodded. 

"I just...I don't want you getting yourself hurt doing things for other people. You always care so much for others over yourself and-" 

"And I promise you that I'm going to be okay," I told her, as I reached out to grab her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. 

We then saw metal move between the trees, and it was time to attack.